Kara and Alex - I'm Pregnant

Kara had been pacing back and forth for nearly an hour, to the point where she was leaving burn marks on the floor. That would be hard to explain to a landlord, but her mind was focused elsewhere. Alex was on her way over for a Danvers sisters movie night, but Kara actually had something to tell her, something she knew could potentially hurt her.

Kara's breath caught in her throat when she heard the sudden knock at the door. A quick x-ray vision scan revealed Alex casually leaning against the doorway with a bottle of wine and takeout boxes in her hands. She looked so content, but that was about to change.

"Hey," said Kara as she opened the door.

"Hey yourself," Alex smiled as she made her way over to the kitchen. "Jesus I can't tell you how bad I've been needing a night like this."

"Why is everything okay?" Kara asked, helping her sister unload all of the food.

"Kelly's flight got cancelled so she's going to be gone an extra couple days, which leaves just me at the apartment. Work has been crazy. And on top of that, the family that was looking at me for an adoption changed plans so that possibility has gone out the window."

"Alex, I'm sorry," Kara sighed, her sister's words weighing on her. Deep down she knew that there wouldn't be a better time to say what she needed to, but that didn't ease her hesitation.

"Eh I'll live, but some of this wouldn't hurt." Alex reached for the bottle of wine she'd brought, pouring the liquid into two glasses. "To misfortune," she toasted, passing a glass to Kara and holding her own up expectantly. Kara took the drink gingerly, but just stared at its contents for a moment before setting it down.

"Kara what's wrong?" Alex asked, her brow furrowed. "You've been all jittery since I walked in the door."

"No I'm n-"

Alex cut her off as she wordlessly tapped Kara in between the eyebrows. "Crinkle," she whispered.

"Okay fine," Kara relented. "Just... just come here." She led a concerned Alex over to the couch where they both took a seat.

"What's going on?" Alex asked. "Did something happen with you and Mon El?"

"No it's not that. There's something I need to tell you," Kara said, wringing her hands. There was a tense moment of silence, Kara's uncertainty clearly visible. Her eyes were glued to the floor as she found herself unsure how to look at her sister. Alex took note of this and sighed before reaching over and gently lifting Kara's chin so that she could see her face, tears threatening to materialize.

"Alex," Kara began. "I'm pregnant."

Alex froze, taking a second to process this information. In this moment Kara began to panic, imagining the worst case scenario in which the news upset her childless sister. She was pulled back to reality by Alex's hand moving from her chin up to her cheek, and when she looked back up her sister, she saw a smile.

"You are?" Alex whispered, a light in her eyes that Kara had never seen before.

"Yeah," said Kara, a sob escaping her.

"Oh my god," Alex suddenly wrapped her arms around Kara, pulling her close and nestling her head into her shoulder. This action caused Kara to break down, quietly crying as she held on to her sister.

"You're not upset?" Kara whimpered.

"Why on earth would I be upset?" Alex sniffled.

"It's just... I don't know, this is exactly what you've been wanting for so long and you've tried so hard, then I go and do it by accident." Kara pulled back to look at her sister. "I thought you would be mad at me."

"Kara," Alex's face crumpled. "I would never be mad at you for something like this. My time will come, okay? But this... this is... it's a miracle. Kara I'm so happy," Alex sobbed. The two embraced again, holding on to one another even tighter.

"I'm so glad you're happy about this," whispered Kara.

"Of course I am," Alex gently placed a hand over Kara's stomach. "Oh my god I'm going to be an aunt."

Kara smiled, a new sense of peace washing over her. Her sister was happy, so she was happy.

"We're gonna talk about this being an accident later though," Alex added, her big sister voice kicking in.

"Mmm pretty sure it's a little late for that talk," Kara giggled. "I love you."

"I love you more."

What can I say, the Westallen family storyline going on right now got me in my feels. 

Just wanted to say a quick  **I appreciate you <3**  to anyone that still comes back to this story. I'm almost at 10k reads which seems crazy, so thank you :)

That being said.... what should I write next?