Nia becomes a Legend

"Are you ready for this?" Lita said slyly.

"Sure," Nia laughed. "I've totally been preparing my whole life to join a team of time traveling superheroes aboard a 22nd century time ship."

It was officially Nia Nal's first day as a Legend and she was about to board the Waverider for the very first time. Kara had introduced her and Lita to each other a while back and they'd stayed in touch since. National City had been quiet lately and Nia now felt like a piece of her was missing, as if Dreamer was just sitting on a shelf collecting dust. That is, until Lita decided to take matters into her own hands and presented a case to Sara on why Nia would be the perfect Legend. And it worked.

"Thank you so much for doing this, by the way," Nia added.

"What are friends for?" Lita smiled and pulled out a pair of blinding steel keys. One click of a button and the Waverider magically materialized right in front of their eyes. The sound of grinding metal filled the air as the door slowly lowered towards the ground, revealing a dark entryway.

"So should I like... take my shoes off? Or...."

"Just go in," Lita giggled. The two girls made their way up the ramp and into the bridge where Sara and Ava were waiting. "Nia, meet Captain Sara Lance and Ava Sharpe."

Sara stepped forward to shake Nia's hand. "It's good to see you again Nia, and this time not because of some sort of crisis."

"Ain't that the truth," Nia sighed.

"Hi Nia, it's nice to meet you," Ava stepped forward, breaking out her professional "Director of the Time Bureau" voice.

"Ava is my co-captain," Sara added. "Takes over for me when I'm not around."

"And occasionally screws her too," Lita whispered.

"LITA," Sara and Ava cried at the same time.

"And that's our cue to run!" Lita laughed, spinning Nia around and heading for the hall. "Next stop is the library."

"Hell yeah I love libraries," Nia replied.

"Um... this one's a little different-"

"BLOODY HELL NATE, I SWEAR TO GOD IF YOU TOUCH ONE MORE VIAL I'LL PUT A TAIL RIGHT ON YOUR ASS."

"I'D LIKE TO SEE YOU TRY. YOU OFF-BRAND HARRY POTTER."

Nia rounded the corner only to see two grown men fighting over what looked like an actual wand. They were standing over a table covered in vials, potions, jars, and books, she felt like she had walked into Hogwarts or something.

"Ahem.." Lita muttered. "Boys?"

"Lita not now we're- OH THAT'S TODAY," Nate cried, letting go of the wand and causing John to fall to the ground. He jumped up and made his way over to the girls, brushing his hands off on his pants. "Dr. Nathaniel Heywood, nice to meet you Nia," he said as he shook her hand. "And this is John Constantine-"

"Master of the Dark Arts, Demonologist, Exorcist, Warlock, and Expert in all things Mystical," Constantine interrupted. "And what is it that you do?"

"I uh..." Nia became flustered. "I dream."

"You.. you dream," John laughed.

Lita gave her a reassuring smile. "Show em."

Nia took a deep breath and summoned a small cluster of oneiric energy, creating a glowing blue orb in the palm of her hand that immediately began crackling with electricity.

"Well... that's-"

"COOL," Nate finished.

"Yeah... sure," Constantine muttered, turning back to his work.

"I'm half Naltorian," she explained.

"As in half alien," Lita clarified. Nate turned pale, obviously this wasn't something he'd encountered in any history books.

"Bloody hell," Constantine sighed. "Nate, where did you put my bat saliva?"

"COMING RIGHT UP CHIEF."

"If you call me chief one more bloody time I'll-"

"Yep okay let's go," Lita whispered, steering Nia back into the hallway.

"What the hell was that?" Nia gasped as they began making their way towards the passenger quarters. "Since when is magic a thing?"

"Well you're an alien," Lita shrugged.

"Touche. But it's like... Actual magic?"

"Well he's opened a portal to hell, summoned dead serial killers, reincarnated Sara-"

"He what? Okay you know what, nevermind. Where are we going now?"

Lita stopped in front of a closed door and knocked loudly. "Well it's certainly not the highlight of the tour but necessary nonetheless so here we go." She opened the door and revealed a large, bald man with thick framed glasses sitting behind a typewriter, seven empty beer bottles sitting on the desk surrounding him. "Nia, meet my dad."

The man looked up and tipped his glasses down. "Lita, I don't do visitors," he growled.

"She's not a visitor, Dad. This is Nia, she's from National City. She used to work with Supergirl and now she's joining the team."

"Ah so you're skirt's friend," he said with a grim smile. "Do you fly too?"

"Uh no, I wish," Nia laughed. "Mick Rory, right? Kara's told me about you."

"And it's all true," he grumbled as he got to his feet. "I'm going to the kitchen."

"What's he writing?" Nia asked once Mick was out of earshot, attempting to peek at the pages.

"DON'T," Lita yelled, pulling her back. "Trust me, you don't want to do that." The two girls plopped down on the couch behind them.

"Being a Legend is gonna have a steep learning curve, isn't it," Nia said with a laugh.

"You have no idea."

Anyone want more Nia/Legend content? My dream is that when Supergirl ends, Nia gets to move to another show, perks of Earth Prime I guess :) Comment what you think!