Supergirl and Mon El - Valentine's Day

"It's a day where you spend time with the person you love. People give each other flowers, or candy, all kinds of sappy stuff, but it's meant to celebrate your love for each other," Kara explained.

"But why does it have to be so pink?" Mon El was not catching on. How do you explain Valentine's Day to a fully grown adult that's new to earth? I guess it does sound suprisingly stupid when you think about it.

"Pink and red sort of symbolize love I guess, Earth has a ton of weird symbols."

"Why does the baby have to shoot arrows at people though? What does that even mean? Why is he so violent, and who thought it was a good plan to give a baby a weapon? You know on Daxam we have-"

"Mon El, focus!" I snapped. If he told me one more story about Daxam I was going to lose it.

"I'm sorry it's just so sappy, I mean why do you people need stupid plants that are just going to die anyway to show that you love each other?"

"Wow. Okay, I guess." I get it, I do, he's coming here from another earth, this has to sound crazy. Maybe weirder than the old man coming down the chimney and leaving gifts. But that wasn't the point, I guess maybe I just wanted this to be special. I mean, Mon El is the first guy I've been able to be real with, with him, I can be Kara and Supergirl. I don't have to wonder if he would feel differently if he knew I was from Krypton, he knows the real me. Maybe Valentine's Day is stupid, but our relationship isn't. Some relationship. I started for the door.

"Kara wait," Mon El started.

"I just need some space." I said, shutting the door behind me.

I did what I always do when I'm stressed, take a few laps around the earth. After a few hours, I realized seeing all of the other couples around the world out together was just making me feel worse. I decided to head to Alex's place. Being an annoying little sister is a great distraction sometimes.

Alex was sitting on the couch when I came in the window. She didn't see me. She was, crying?

"Alex?"

"Kara! Jesus Christ don't do that to me. There's a door you know." She was definitely crying.

"What happened?"

"Maggie and I got in a fight. Turns out Valentine's Day isn't exactly her thing. I thought I could fix it, but... I wasn't good enough." Alex started tearing up again.

"Alex no. Look, Maggie's complicated, she has baggage, but you bring out the good in her. You just have to give her time. I'm sure she has a reason for not liking Valentine's Day." My face fell. Wow am I lying to my sister or just being a hypocrite?

"What's wrong with you?" Alex asked.

"Well, I'm kind of in the same situation with Mon El. I tried to introduce him to Valentine's Day, but to him it just sounds like a big joke. Maybe it is, I don't know. I mean we just admitted that we have feelings for each other. I haven't even kissed him yet. I just already love him so much, it was dumb of me to assume he felt the same way. What was I thinking? Since when did I turn into that girl?" Wow, now I was starting to cry.

"Hey," Alex wrapped her arms around me. "It's not stupid. Kara, he's from another planet, it's going to take him some time to figure things out here. I mean it's not like Daxamites are known for their manners, you know."

"First of all, I'm proud of you for making a good Daxam joke. Second, I guess you're right." I said.

"Of course I'm right. I learned from you. I guess we both need to give someone a second chance tonight, and hey, if all else fails, there's always pizza and the Wizard of Oz." Alex said with a smirk.

"This is why I love you." I said, hugging her.

I took off back through the window.

"Mon El, I'm sorry I-" I looked down and realized I had landed in a circle of rose petals. There was a path of lit candles leading to the table where I found flowers, chocolate, potstickers, and a teddy bear dressed like Supergirl. How did this happen?

"Hi." Mon El slowly crept out from behind a corner.

"Mon El, I thought you- when did you even- but why?" My mind wouldn't stop spinning long enough for me to form a coherent thought.

"I thought about what you said. Like really thought about it. I was so focused on the sappy material things that I wasn't listening to the reason behind it. It has nothing to do with flowers or candy, it's about us. About you." He slowly came towards me. "I love you, Kara. I don't know if I'm moving too fast here, but I just feel this connection with you that I've never felt before, and if you don't I totally get it, we can just-"

"I love you, too." I said with a smile.

Mon El sighed with relief.

"I just wanted to make you happy...How'd I do?" He said nervously, glancing around the room.

"It's perfect. But all I really need is you." It was true.

"I love you, Kara Zor El," Mon El said, cupping my face with his hands and pulling it closer.

"I love you, too." I said slowly as his hand pressed against my waist and his lips touched mine.

Edit: Hello! Future me here. Leaving this here since this chapter is seen most often. I need help with ideas!! Quarantine has given me so much free time to write and for some reason I can't think of anything. ***Comment story suggestions!*** I'll literally do anything. What's a concept that you've always wanted to see happen?