Jesse and Wally - Family Dinner

"How did I get talked into this again?" Wally asked, straightening his tie.

"I just want you two to get along," Jesse said with a sympathetic smile. "Seriously though, thank you for doing this. I know my dad is a... difficult... person to get along with."

"Hey, whatever it takes to make you happy," Wally replied. "You look beautiful, Jess."

"Thanks babe," she blushed. "Ready?"

"Ready as I'll ever be."

Harry was already waiting at the table when they arrived at the restaurant, quickly standing up as soon as he caught sight of the couple.

"Jesse," he said affectionately, hugging his daughter. "How are you?"

"Good, thanks Dad," she replied, glancing towards Wally.

"Wallace." Harry's tone became very cold, as if the word caused him physical pain.

"Hi Dr. Wells," Wally said anxiously.

A waiter fortunately came by at that moment, taking the attention off of Wally.

"Can I get you all some drinks?" he asked.

Harry ordered scotch, and Jessie a lemonade.

"Can I have a beer?" Wally asked.

Harry's smile turned smug as soon as the waiter left. "Hmm, drinking a little early tonight, aren't we, Wallace?" he said. "I hope you're not planning on driving my daughter home later."

"Dad," Jessie interrupted, "neither of us can get drunk, remember? Perks of being a speedster. Besides, one beer barely hits you even when you're a human." Harry furrowed his brow. "Not that I would know," Jesse added quickly.

"Well you can never be too careful," Harry said.

"So, uh," Wally began, changing the subject. "What have you and Cisco been working on in the lab lately?"

"Using tachyon particles to isolate, extract, and utilize the metabiological codes found in meta-animal DNA in order to develop an automatic animal-being dark matter beacon," he rambled in reply. Wally's head spun trying to comprehend what he had just heard.

"Dad," Jesse nagged, "In English."

"Fine. Machine thing looks for meta-animals, and says beep," he said patronizingly. Wally's cheeks burned with embarrassment.

"They're trying to figure out specifically which part of animal DNA is adapted when exposed to dark matter, so they can use it to develop a machine that will detect it in other animals," Jesse explained.

"You mean animals like Grodd? Cool." Wally said.

"Exactly."

"Yeah. Cool." Harry said sarcastically.

I got stuck halfway through writing this one, but I liked the concept so I decided to post it anyway. Might update it if the writer's block goes away. Comment any requests! I'll literally do anything.