Flash - It's Elemental

Hiya... for anyone interested, this is a new story that I'm working on. It'll hopefully be a full story rather than just one shots, and I'm actually really excited for it? I figured I'd include a little snippet of that on here, and if you want to see what happens next you can go check out the full version!

Oh god my head is killing me. Is it morning already? My head spun as I began to collect myself. Is... is that? It was, somewhere in the distance Lady Gaga's voice boomed through a speaker.

"YES." A voice yelled, "GAGA STRIKES AGAIN."

Who the hell? I rubbed my eyes, straining to see who was speaking. Once my vision finally came into focus, I saw a dark haired man smiling down at me, his hair flowing down past his shoulders. "Who the hell are you?" I whispered. Are kidnappers usually this nice?

"I'm Cisco, Cisco Ramon," he answered. "You're at Star Labs."

"I'm...where? Hold on I was in class and then..."

"You ate cement," he laughed. "Well actually my dude Barry here caught you. He-" Cisco whipped his head around and realized there was no one behind him. "Will you excuse me for just one second- DR. SNOW" he yelled out the door. "PAGING DR. SNOW. AND BARRY YOU MIGHT AS WELL COME MAKE YOURSELF USEFUL INSTEAD OF WRITING LOVE LETTERS TO YOUR WIFE."

I began to glance around at my surroundings for the first time. I was in a bed in what looked sort of like a doctor's office, but with equipment way fancier than anything I'd ever seen. This was definitely no hospital, but didn't quite look like somewhere a kidnapper would take you either.

"Okay here we are," Cisco said as he came back into the room, except now he was followed by two other people. There was a dark haired man and a woman in a lab coat, both looked friendly enough. I guessed it was safe to rule out kidnapping.

"Hey," the man said gently, "I'm Barry. Barry Allen." My heart stopped. That was him- the voice, the person who caught me.

"You," I stuttered, "where were, how did-"

"I was on my way here," he answered. "I saw you stumbling down the street and I got worried so I followed you for a minute, and then when you passed out I didn't know what to do so I... I brought you here."

"But why here? Why not a hospital? What even is this place?"

"See uh... that's the thing," he began cautiously.

"You got powers, chica!" Cisco cried. Wait a second. Did he just-

"Cisco," Barry scolded before turning back to me. "When you grabbed on to the fire hydrant, something happened. It was like you were manipulating the water inside, like it was drawn to you."

"No no no," I said, "That one must have just been faulty, the cap fell off or something. I don't know what made you think I-"

"You uh-" his voice cracked, "your eyes sorta also glowed."

"My... my eyes... glowed."

"I know this is a lot," he said. "Were not sure exactly what happened but if anyone can figure it out, it's the people here. Caitlin is already on it."

"Yes," the woman stepped in. "From what I can see there is some sort of anomaly in your cells but I can't pinpoint what it is. It looks as though they've been altered, like some sort of biological encryption."

"Okay you know what," attempting to get on to my feet, "this is all just a lot to process and, frankly, I'm pretty sure I'm hallucinating right now so if you don't mind I'm just going to head out-" all of a sudden I was right back where I started, my vision gone and my body hurtling towards the ground. Before I even saw anyone so much as flinch, Barry was at my side and lifting me back into the bed.

"That's the other thing," Caitlin explained. "There seems to be some sort of deterioration pattern occurring but I can't find the source. For your own safety, you'll need to stay put until we do."

"Deterioration?" I asked, "What does that mean, I thought I was sick. Am... am I dying?"

"In a sense..." Caitlin said slowly. "Yes."

"But we're going to figure this out," Barry reassured me. "You just need to sit back and relax. Okay?"

What other choice did I have? It didn't matter whether or not what they were saying was true, my chances of walking out that door were slim.

"Okay," I gave in.

Just relax. I thought. How hard could it be?

So there we go :) I already posted a little more background about this character, if you want to see that and more, go check out "It's Elemental" on my page!