Kara and Cat - The Birth Certificate Pt 2

"Are you ready to order?" The waitress smiled.

"No, not yet," Kara answered. "I'm waiting for someone." It was eleven o'clock on the dot, the time they'd agreed to meet. However Cat Grant never arrived anywhere early. She was someone that wanted to be waited for, never the one doing the waiting.

It had been a week since the two discovered that Cat was Kara's birth mother, and things were still pretty awkward. After the initial shock, Cat validated that the birth certificate was real while nearly putting a hole in the carpet from pacing. Eventually the two parted ways to process the information separately and hadn't talked since. Until now.

After another five minutes the queen of media herself strolled in, sunglasses perched on her head even though it was raining.

"Miss Grant! Hi!" Kara called. Cat glanced over and strolled towards the table.

"Hello Keira," she said slowly as she took her seat. "Now would you mind telling me what I'm doing here? I'm not usually one to just take orders."

"Oh it wasn't an order, I just wanted to spend some time with you! You know, get to know each other."

"We already know each other," Cat replied.

"Well yes, as coworkers. But not as famil-"

"SHH," Cat hissed. "Not so loud, I just got my face out of the tabloids, I am not going back."

"Yeah but that was because you hit one of the paparazzi with your purse, this is different."

"He should have never suggested I wasn't a real blonde."

"Anyway," Kara folded her hands together. "I just thought it would be nice to spend time with you, that's all."

"Well, I suppose a coffee wouldn't hurt," Cat shrugged.

The two women relayed their orders to the barista, Cat's unnecessarily long and complex as per usual, and then sat in silence for a moment.

"So..." Kara began. "You know you've never really told me much about your childhood? What was it like?"

"Well," Cat huffed. "My mother was a bitch and I was never good enough. Tale as old as time, really."

"Uh, okay," Kara stammered. "Well what about your career? How did that start?"

"Simple. I started at the Daily Planet as an assistant for Perry White, got assigned to a gossip column, broke through the plexiglass ceiling, and founded Catco."

"Oh that's right," Kara chimed. "I always forget you worked at the Daily Planet. It's hard to imagine you anywhere but National City."

"Mmm yes, I suppose it's Lois Lane's city now," Cat said bitterly. "Personally I think her writing is a bit cliched but who cares what I think."

"Well I think you're just as good as Lois, Miss Grant," Kara said reassuringly.

"Of course I am. However I will give her credit. That woman knows how to pick a man. My my, the things I would let Clark Kent do to me," Cat's eyes glazed over into a dream-like trance.

Kara nearly spit out her coffee, shuddering at the very thought of Cat and Clark together.

"So um," she stammered, changing the subject. "Where uh... where do I come in?"

Cat broke out of her dream state and suddenly paled in embarrassment. "Well uh, let's just say I'd had enough of Perry White one night and needed to let off some steam."

"A one night stand?!" Kara exclaimed.

"SHHH," Cat hushed. "God it's not like I broke the law or anything."

"Well who was it?"

"I um...." Cat hesitated. "I don't know exactly. I think his name was Zor something, sounded Turkish. He said he was just here on business. Obviously I would have paid more attention had I known.... You know."

Cat shrank back in her seat, meanwhile Kara's jaw dropped. Not only did her father visit earth, but he and Cat Grant.... Kara's stomach churned just thinking about it. Suddenly all of the pieces started falling into place. He must have known about her and arranged for her to come to Krypton after Cat put her up for adoption. As more questions found answers, more questions appeared. Did her mother know? Why was he on earth in the first place?

"Well say something at least, god," Cat spat, breaking Kara out of her thoughts. "What about you? Where have you been the last 30 years?"

"Miss Grant...." Kara muttered. "Where do I begin?"

A couple people asked for this a long time ago and I finally got my crap together and did it, sorry for the wait! 

I've got a potential part 3 (and maybe 4) in mind so let me know if I should keep going :)