Kara and Lena - Secrets

"Lena. There's uh," Kara stammered. "There's something I need to tell you, I've wanted to for a while I just never found the right time and I-"

"Kara," Lena interrupted. "Whatever it is, you know you can tell me."

"I know. I just, it's about me. The thing is I haven't been totally honest with you about who I am... well not who I am, just a part of me. Does that even make sense?" Kara said, her face flushing.

"Oh my god," Lena gasped. "It all makes sense now." Kara felt a sudden rush of relief, maybe telling Lena wouldn't be so hard after all. "You're a lesbian."

"What?" Kara yelped.

"What? I'm sorry I just thought that-" Lena stuttered. "They way you were talking it sounded like-"

"Lena," Kara laughed. "That's not what I meant. What I really meant was..." She took a deep breath. "I'm Supergirl." The words hung in the air for a few seconds, neither girl knew what to say.

"You- wait a second."

"It's me, Lena," she said softly, removing her glasses.

"Kara... and Supergirl... you're the same person." Lena's eyes glazed over in shock.

"Yeah," Kara replied. "I've wanted to tell you for so long, it's been killing me not to." Lena sat in silence for a while, processing the information she had just received.

"So why didn't you?" She finally asked.

"I guess, I don't know. Lena, you're my best friend, with you I was able to just be Kara, not Supergirl in disguise. You made me feel human, even though I guess I'm not. It's complicated."

"Actually it makes sense." Lena replied. "With you I've never been a Luthor, I'm just Lena. It's like all of that baggage disappears when I'm with you."

"Exactly," Kara sighed. "I just needed someone to, I don't know, talk about guys or get coffee with. All of those things seem so pointless compared to saving the world."

"It's like everyone thinks the weight of the world rests on your shoulders," Lena finished for her, her expression suggesting that she knew this feeling all too well.

"Yeah."

"But you can still do that with me, Kara," Lena said softly. "Just because I know your secret doesn't mean things have to change. You're still my best friend and I'm here for whatever you need, whether that's a cup of coffee or help saving the world."

"Thank you," Kara whispered with tears in her eyes, before wrapping Lena in a hug.

Eyyy 20th chapter. This is how I *wish* Lena finding out would have gone. Idk about anyone else but I'm over this whole Kara/Lena rivalry, comment your thoughts. And as always, let me know if you have any story requests :)