Alex and Kara - Missing Powers

"Stand down, no one needs to get hurt," Supergirl said, doing her best to calm the rogue alien. Out of the corner of her eye she saw the DEO agents gradually moving closer, Alex leading the pack.

They had been engaged in a stand-off for what seemed like hours after J'onn decided that charging the man was too risky, as they hadn't been able to identify him or his powers. There was video evidence of him using everything from super strength to throwing lightning, every time someone encountered him it was as if he had totally new abilities that didn't match any species they knew of.

"I agree," the man said. "Turn over the alien prisoners and no one will."

"You know I can't do that," Supergirl replied.

"Well in that case.." the man raised his hand and before anyone had a chance to react, he had vanished into thin air before quickly reappearing right behind Alex. With one swift movement, he grabbed her by the neck and jerked her backwards, pinning her arms behind her and leaving her defenseless. "How about a trade then?" he said, his hand now crackling with electricity. Alex's eyes grew wide with terror.

Supergirl charged the alien without hesitation, grabbing his free hand and yanking it backwards. She felt a surge of energy as this happened, and judging by the look on her sister's face, she felt it too. The alien's expression quickly shifted from smug to panic, before he released both girls and vanished once again.

"Where did he go?" Alex asked.

"I don't know, but he couldn't have gone far. I'll go check the city," Kara responded. She leapt into the air, only to come crashing back down. "What the hell?" she said, attempting to fly again with no success.

"Supergirl? Are you alright?" J'onn asked over the comm system.

"My powers," she stammered, "they're gone."

"Uh, Kara?"

She turned to look at her sister, only to find her hovering above the ground...she was flying.

"I think I found them," Alex said weakly.

I think I'm going to do a part 2?    Maybe?     Leave a comment I guess?   Okay cool.