Alex and Kara - Missing Powers Pt 2

"Okay so based on the DNA sample you got, it looks like our guy is a Vragon," Winn explained. "It's a rare species that almost went extinct, but apparently there are still a couple out there. They don't have any specific powers themselves, but they have the ability to temporarily transfer powers between people. Typically they only take them for themselves, but this time I guess he managed to accidentally take your powers and give them to Alex."

"When you grabbed him-" Alex began.

"He touched us both at the same time," Kara finished. "And that spark-"

"That was the transfer," said Alex.

"Okay, so how do we reverse it?" Winn asked. "Give Kara her powers back."

"The effects should be temporary. Typically when a Vragon harnesses powers for themselves it lasts about a day. Since he transferred them a second time to Alex, I'd estimate it should only be about 12 hours," Winn answered.

"Well Alex," said J'onn, "looks like you get to be a Kryptonian for the day. Just relax and wait this out. We'll handle things here." He and Winn left to go back to work, leaving Alex and Kara alone.

"How do you feel?" Kara asked her sister.

"It's like there's this energy flowing through me that I've never felt before, like I'm invincible,"

"I mean, you kind of are," Kara said with a laugh.

"How do you feel?" Alex asked.

"It's weird, I've lost my powers before, but something is different this time. I feel at peace-"

Kara was interrupted by the sound of alarms blaring.

"Alien activity reported downtown," Winn announced. "Alien disappeared, but left the bank on fire with people trapped inside. The fire department is on the way but they won't make it in time. Kara, you need to-" Winn's voice faltered.

"I'll go." Alex said definitively.

"Alex, it's too dangerous. You don't know how to control these powers." Kara warned.

"Which is why you're going to walk me through it." Alex said. "I trust you."

"I don't think we have a choice here." J'onn said. "Go, Alex."

Alex leapt up into the air, flailing in the air briefly before shakily making it out the door. Kara looked at J'onn nervously before darting to the command center and turning on the comms.

"How are you doing, Alex?" she asked.

"I see why you're afraid of getting drunk." Alex said nervously. "I can see the building, I'm almost there. What do I do, Kara?"

"Okay," she answered. "The first thing you need to do it put out the flames on the building's exterior. You think you can manage a little freeze breath?"

"I can try."

Kara watched on the security cameras as Alex landed shakily on the cement in front of the building, before taking a deep breath and blowing out the flames. It took her a couple tries, but she managed.

"Now what?" She asked.

"Now you just have to find a way in." Kara said, "Winn, can you tell which rooms have people trapped inside?"

"Yeah, they're all in one room but small problem." He answered. "The room is totally blocked off, a sudden burst of oxygen will cause the room to flare. She'll only have a few seconds to get everyone out before that whole place goes kaboom."

"Then we'll find another way," Kara said.

"There's no time," Alex said. "I have to try."

"Alex no, it's too risky, you could-"

"Kara. I'm not leaving them in there. Let me be the hero for once." Alex said calmly.

"Okay," Kara said quietly.

"Alex," Winn said. "Go around to the 9th floor on the North side of the building, there's a window that leads directly into the room, there are 3 people directly across from it. You'll have 6 seconds to break through, get the people, and get out."

"Got it." Alex said.

"Be careful," Kara said.

"I will."

The team watched nervously as Alex braced herself before leaping into the air once more and shooting towards the window. They heard the piercing crack of the glass shattering and the roar of the fire. 4 seconds. "Come on, we have to go," they overheard Alex say to the victims. 3 seconds. Alex scooped them up, her strength now more than quadrupled. 2 seconds. "Let's go!" 1 second. Kara panicked as she heard the ear splitting blast of the explosion, debris flying in every direction.

"Alex!" J'onn yelled.

There was a moment of silence in which everyone began to panic.

"I'm here," Alex said finally, catching her breath. "They're all safe. I'm safe."

Kara sighed in relief.

After checking on all of the victims, Alex made her way back to the DEO where Kara immediately wrapped her sister in a hug.

"I'm so proud of you," Kara whispered.

"I learned from the best." Alex replied happily.