Alex and Esme - Just a Nightmare

"Babe," Kelly sighed. "I asked you what you wanted to watch and you said you didn't care!"

"Yeah but that was before I knew you were going to put on the Bachelor!" Alex hissed from her seat on the couch.

"Alright, Greys Anatomy then," Kelly said, reaching for the remote.

"Too much drama,"

"This is Us?"

"Too weepy."

"Babe!" Kelly laughed. "What do you want me to turn on then?"

"I don't care." Alex giggled, realizing how difficult she was being.

"Clearly," Kelly said sarcastically as she flopped down on the couch beside Alex.

"Who cares anyway?" Alex shrugged. "There are so many other things we could do to pass the time." She reached towards Kelly and slowly began walking her fingers up her shoulder and towards her neck.

"Is that right?" Kelly blushed. She had just started to lean towards Alex when they were interrupted by a loud shriek. Esme.

Both women jumped to their feet, sprinted down the hall to Esme's room and swung open the door. There was Esme, her eyes still closed, tossing and turning in her bed.

"Hey hey hey," Alex whispered as she knelt on the floor, placing a hand on the little girl's chest and gently shaking her awake. Her eyes shot open and darted around the room, as if something was about to attack her.

"Where did they go?" Esme gasped.

"Who?" Asked Kelly, taking a seat on the bed.

"The monsters."

"Honey it was just a nightmare," said Alex. "We're here, you're safe. Okay?" Esme slowly nodded, coming to her senses.

"What were you dreaming about?" Asked Kelly.

"The monsters," said Esme, her eyes widening. "They were coming to get me."

"What monsters?" She replied.

"The ones you guys fight. Except they were chasing me this time. They wanted to do bad things... like they did to my family." Esme's shoulders tensed up, as if she still wasn't convinced she was safe.

"Oh sweetheart," sighed Alex. She brushed a hand over Esme's forehead, which was still beaded with sweat. "As long as you're with us, no one will ever get you."

"That's right," Kelly nodded. "We are always going to protect you. You got that?"

"Okay," Esme nodded, her tiny body slowly starting to relax.

"You've got a family full of big, strong, and smart superheroes that love you, and you know what else?" Alex asked.

"What?"

"You are strong and smart too," she smiled. "Now say it back to me."

"I'm strong and I'm smart," Esme repeated, a smile creeping across her face.

"And we love you very much," said Kelly.

"I love you more," she giggled. Suddenly her smile turned into a frown.

"What's wrong?" Asked Kelly.

"I think I better sleep in your bed... just in case you guys get scared too," Esme explained.

"You know that doesn't sound like a bad idea," Alex nodded. "We could use another superhero around to protect us." She pulled back the covers and scooped the little girl up into her arms, reaching out to take Kelly's hand as well.

Together the trio marched down the hall, ready to face whatever the world had in store for them.

Haven't posted in a bit but oh my *lord* the Dansen/Esme moments absolutely destroyed me this week. I'm so happy they finally made this happen for Alex :) 

What other plots do you want to see?