CON SOMMA PASSIONE

CON SOMMA PASSIONE

With the Greatest Passion

"Did you sleep alright last night?" I asked Jane as I drove her back to her house from the hospice center. She looked exhausted, but still held onto her smile.

"Well enough. I'll take a nap on the recliner when I get home. I have some Murder, She Wrote to catch up on."

I burst out laughing.

"Catch up on? You mean to tell me you haven't already seen those reruns at least eighty-five times?" I shot her a sideways smirk.

"Honey, I'm old. I don't remember who the killer is, even if I saw the episode earlier that day..." she laughed heartily, poking fun at herself, as usual.

We enjoyed each other's company along the way, and I mentioned to her that we'd be recording the show that night so we could share it with her and Roy.

I tucked her under a crocheted blanket on her recliner, kissing her forehead, and putting her glasses on the end table next to her.

"I'll lock the door on the way out. Get some sleep, Janey." I whispered, and I turned to leave.

Yoongi was waiting at the farmhouse with a tray of tea and my gig outfit already set aside for me. It wasn't the outfit I had chosen for myself. I was going to wear a black, vintage-inspired, chiffon A-line dress, but instead, Yoongi had placed an outfit, still in the garment bag from the boutique, laid out across his bed, along with a box of new shoes.

"What's this?" I asked shyly, turning to look over at him. He was leaning against the bureau, arms crossed, but smiling.

"It's for you," he walked over to me slowly, "Tonight is a big deal. Your first formal. I wanted you to feel as special as you are."

He reached around from behind me, hugging my waist as I unzipped the garment bag.

The dress was a stunning navy blue open-back cocktail dress with crochet detail.

"Yoongi... you didn't have to do this..." I couldn't believe he had gone out of his way to buy me something.

"Let me see it on you...." he whispered, pulling my curls over my shoulder to kiss my neck.

I stood in front of the full-length mirror, turning over my shoulder to look back at him. He was speechless.