MODULATION

MODULATION

Changing from one key to another.

I still hadn't heard a response back from Yoongi by the time Namjoon and I arrived back at BB's, and while I wanted to believe that it was because he was in a lesson and just couldn't answer, I knew Yoongi better than that

I still hadn't heard a response back from Yoongi by the time Namjoon and I arrived back at BB's, and while I wanted to believe that it was because he was in a lesson and just couldn't answer, I knew Yoongi better than that. He was up to something.

I breathed a sigh of relief when we walked in through the front doors and the store was quiet. Jin was busy helping one of the temp employees learn how to fill out an instrument rental contract, so he didn't pay any mind as Joon and I walked past them. The lesson studios were all full, with parents sitting in the waiting area, talking quietly amongst themselves and fiddling with their phones. I waved goodbye to Joon as he turned to walk into his studio and he shot me a discreet little wink before closing the door.

I walked over to Yoongi's studio door to see if he was busy, and I could hear him working with a student on their minor scale patterns. He was such a great instructor - always patient, but firm with his students, and he had high expectations for their performance. His passion for music oozed out of him whenever he was working one-on-one with students, and it garnered him a reputation as one of, if not the best, piano teachers in the area, right alongside Jane Young herself. BB's was damn lucky to have both of them and they knew it.

I smiled to myself as I made my way around the corner to the adjacent employee hallway, heading back to my office. No matter what... or who... Yoongi threw at me, it was always Yoongi who was on my mind, making my heart feel as if it could burst.

I opened my office door and was relieved to find it empty. I knew there would be another surprise soon enough, so I enjoyed the calm while I could, sitting back in my chair, closing my eyes for a moment just to breathe.

After a few minutes of solitude, I felt quite refreshed, and went right back to finishing up my work for the Open House. I logged onto my computer to send the itinerary to the school, taking a drink out of my water bottle as I waited for the attachments to send.

KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK

I knew it. Here it comes.

"Come in!" I called out, not looking up from my screen.