TUTTI

TUTTI

All Together

"Wow, what a night, huh?" Yoongi said.

His hand was in my lap, fingers intertwined with mine, as we followed the dark, winding country roads back to the farmhouse.

"I cannot believe we're going to New York..." I pondered out loud, "This has been the wildest couple of weeks of my life. I can't even begin to wrap my head around it all."

I couldn't help but laugh. Moving to a new store, joining a band, Yoongi, Hobi... Roy... It really had been a whirlwind, and things were only intensifying in every corner of my life.

Yoongi squeezed my hand tighter, presumably knowing I wasn't feeling myself.

"It'll be okay," he quietly reassured me, rubbing my fingers with his thumb, "Think of New York as a mini vacation. After everything with Roy, I'm sure you'd like a weekend to just enjoy yourself."

I smiled.

It really would be nice to get away for a few days...

"I know," I looked out the window, then looked back over at him. He looked so sexy in the dim glow of the car at night. His shaggy black hair hung down over his eyes, clumped together with sweat from the hot stage lights.

"I'm admittedly nervous about Wednesday..." I trailed off.

"Oh, the Open House?" he asked, pulling my hand up to his mouth to kiss my knuckle.

I took a deep breath, trying to decide how to answer. I didn't want to be dishonest with him, but I didn't want him to feel guilty about adding the New York trip to my plate. Admittedly, though, everything really was beginning to pile on.

"Yes, I'm a little apprehensive about it. I am prepared, though, so I really have no reason to be..."

"Maybe you just need to relax tonight. You earned it after such a hard week, and after your performance tonight. You really sounded great."

Is Yoongi... complimenting me?

I couldn't wipe the cheesy smile off my face. I don't know why I cared so much about Yoongi's approval, but it felt like I won some sort of prize when he didn't immediately criticize my performance.

"Wow..." I looked towards him, beaming, "Thank you, Yoongi."

As we turned down Yoongi's road and the farmhouse came into view, he tilted his head towards me.

"As a reward for your performance tonight, I have arranged a special treat for you." and as we pulled into the driveway, there sat Hobi's car.

Oh... it's that kind of treat, huh?

The entire lower level of the house was lit by candlelight as we walked in the front door. Yoongi slipped off his own coat, then helped me with mine before storing both in the closet. He turned to me with a folded garment in his hands.