ATTACCA

ATTACCA

To Attack or Hit Straight-On

So much to do... so much to do...

I locked myself in my office most of the rest of the day, hoping to avoid unneeded distractions. The Open House was the following day, and I had to get everything set up before I left work for the evening, and since Yoongi hadn't even arrived yet, I'd hoped to get everything done well before that.

I clicked together the last of the instrument stands. The silver and brass instruments were all polished and ready to go in their cases. The handouts were prepped and in their folders to hand out to the kids. The chairs were all stacked and ready to be set out for the demos.

My head was spinning from the past few weeks, and I was feeling immense pressure from my superiors to showcase the newest model of Field Trip program, which I was a part of planning along with the marketing and music education directors at the corporate office. I knew that in just twenty-four hours, the CEO of BB's would be there, as well as the other corporate heads, to observe the program, and I was the one leading it entirely on my own. To say I was nervous would be a gross understatement.

I had a few handouts I still needed to make a copy of, so I felt like I was doing the "walk of shame" as I emerged from my office for the first time since earlier that morning when I was with Jin. I walked down the employee hallway, making my way to the main office, papers in hand, ready to use the copier. I turned the corner and stopped dead in my tracks. My stomach instantly seized into a knot.

Well, today's going to be a real hoot, isn't it?

"Is the copier broken?" I asked, seeing Taehyung kneeling in front of it, doing something inside the panels of the machine.

He turned his head to the side, with a knowing look in his eyes, but casually responded as if there weren't a massive elephant in the room.

"Nah. Just needs a new cartridge. All yours now."

He stood up, his messy hair falling in his eyes as he looked me up and down and a small smile spread across his lips as he walked over to the door to leave the office.

He paused with his hand over the light switch for a moment, turning his head to look over at me, and flicked the lights off.

"Hey Tae, do you mind turning the lights back on, please? I need to make a few copies." I asked, a soft smile on my lips.