SCATENATO

SCATENATO

Unchained, Wild

"So, you told him about New York, too?" Hobi asked, putting his plate in the sink after breakfast.

"Mmhmm," I hummed, "I told him about the Showcase, and mentioned that it would be recorded and posted on the venue's social media page, so he said he plans on watching it."

I smiled, still in disbelief that my dad not only watched a performance of mine, but planned on watching another one within only a week.

Yoongi, Hobi and I all woke up late into the morning on Sunday, exhausted from the night before. There were no lessons on Sundays, so both of the guys were free, and I didn't have to go into work that day either.

"That livestream really was a good idea," Hobi reflected, looking over at Yoongi.

Yoongi, humble as always, just pursed his lips into a flat half-smile and looked back down at his breakfast.

I nudged him with my shoulder and turned my head to look at him.

"Hey..." I whispered playfully.

He turned to look at me with his dark, sleepy, "morning eyes" and smiled sweetly.

"Thank you for bringing my dad back into my life," I thanked him sincerely

Yoongi's smile deepened, lighting up his whole face with love and tenderness as his eyes darted back and forth between mine.

"I just wanted to see you happy."

We spent much of Sunday in the rehearsal room, casually drinking beers and preparing for the upcoming NYC Show. As an ensemble, Suga rarely played original pieces, instead opting to play covers of popular songs, as well as Jazz and Big Band standards. If we wanted to win the Songwriters Showcase, we would need to decide which original songs from the band's rarely used setlist of original compositions would be used for the five-song set we were to play on Saturday.

"I just got off the phone with Taehyung. Jin is the only one who can't make it today. Everyone else should be over soon for practice." Yoongi came back into the rehearsal room and set his phone down on the piano top before taking his seat on the bench.

Soon enough, everyone except Jin arrived, and we had pretty much narrowed our song choices down to the five we needed for the Showcase.

"So, are we going to wear some kind of costumes on Saturday, guys?" Jimin laughed.