LEGATO

LEGATO

Joined, Connected

"Dad... You're here?!?"

I was at a complete loss for words, standing with my hand cupped over my mouth as the tears started to fall. My dad stepped towards me, arms outstretched, and my tears turned to sobs.

The rest of the group turned to see what was going on. Taehyung had stepped out of the van and was standing nearby, watching over me. The others didn't know much about my personal life outside of the band, so there wasn't a lot that they knew regarding the dynamic between my dad and I.

Yoongi stood right behind me, hand on my back as I hugged my dad for the first time in over a year, seeing him at the first music performance he'd attended since I was in grade school.

My cheeks were soaked with tears as my dad pulled me into his arms, holding me tight. His body shook against mine as his own emotions took over him.

"I am so sorry..." he cried into my shoulder, holding me so tight I thought he'd never let go.

"I didn't know you were coming..." I pulled back, wiping my eyes with the sleeves of my coat as Yoongi reached over to take my hand in his.

"Yoongi here set it up," Dad smiled, pulling a handkerchief out of his pocket and reaching out to dab under my eyes, "He's the one who contacted me."

What?

I turned to Yoongi, my mouth hanging open in disbelief, the floodgate of tears threatening to reopen.

"How did you do this?" I whispered, my lip quivering.

I could see that Yoongi was emotional as well, but he was able to keep his composure.

"I was scrolling through the comments on the livestream video. I saw a comment that was clearly from your dad, so I contacted him," he explained, matter-of-factly, as he turned to smile at my dad.

"And you were able to keep this secret from me?" I looked back and forth between them both, still in shock, overwhelmed by it all. I glanced back over at Yoongi and smiled through my flow of tears, "Thank you, Yoongi."

I turned to look at my dad. He looked older - more greys around his hairline, and a tired-looking face from too many years on the force.

"Daddy. Thank you for coming to my show. Words cannot express what this means to me. I have been waiting so long..." I trailed off as the next wave of tears hit me. I doubled over, putting my hands on my knees, completely consumed by the moment, and my dad reached out to pull me back into his arms and hold me as I cried, "Daddy... why did it take you so long?"