DOLORE

DOLORE

Pain

"Are we really going for lunch?" I turned to Namjoon as we pulled out of the parking lot in his car.

He looked back over at me with a soft, dimpled smile.

"Yes, but Yoongi also asked me to take good care of you today," he replied, "He really cares for you, you know."

My heart fluttered.

"I know," I smiled, looking out the window, watching as we turned down a side road and pulled up to a row of townhouses, "Is this your place?"

"Yep!" he grinned, and walked around to the passenger side to open the door for me, "I'm going to make you some lunch and help you relax."

His hands gripped my shoulders, firmly pinching and massaging them, and I closed my eyes and leaned my forehead against his chest, groaning.

"God... I didn't realize how sore I am..." I took a deep breath, slumping my shoulders and letting my arms hang like wet noodles.

"Come on..." Namjoon chuckled, "You can lay on my couch while I get lunch ready. I know how hard you've been working, and how much you've been put through outside of work, too."

He made his way over into his kitchen, and I could see him over the half wall dividing it from his living room. I watched him as I settled back on the chocolate brown suede sofa, leaning back on a few throw pillows leaning against the arm rest.

"Joon?"

"Mmhm?" he replied, grabbing a few things out of the refrigerator and setting them on the counter.

"Is this... normal for your band?" I felt shy asking because this was the first time Namjoon and I had spent any time alone together. He was so calm and sweet, but had a dominance about him. The way he carried himself, he gave off vibes that he was in charge.

His head head shot up from below the wall where he was reaching into the lower cabinets.

"What do you mean - this?"

"You know exactly what I'm talking about..." I said, with a flirty smirk on my lips.

He sighed loudly, still smiling, and made his way around to me over on the couch. I looked up at him standing over me. His chest and shoulders were so toned I could see the definition through his fitted black dress shirt.

I moved my legs to make room for him and he sat down, facing me on the couch with his arm resting on the back cushions.

"In short, no. We've never done anything like this. There have been some instances of sharing partners here and there, but never like this," he was so nonchalant about it, I almost laughed again.

"Why me, though?" I asked with a slight whine in my voice. I had so many questions.

"Yoongi asked us to help this time because he cares so much about you. He believes that you're developing your stage presence by doing these things. From my perspective, I think he's right. I think it's working."

"You think so? I mean, it's all very... unconventional, isn't it?" I pulled my legs up onto the couch, turning my body sideways to face him.

"Ahh, yeah," he paused, "It is unconventional, but if it's working, why stop a good thing, right?"