ALLEGREZZA

ALLEGREZZA

Joy

FAYE

The first few months were rough, especially trying to hide my symptoms and tiny bump from everyone. I swore up and down that Jane already knew what was up because she kept making comments about how I should stop covering up my figure, that I should embrace it.

The guys weren't very observant, or if they were, they certainly didn't show it. Yoongi, however, could barely hold in the big secret. I had to remind him not to touch my belly in front of anyone because he was too obvious about it. Jane almost caught him once or twice. It was hard to hide it when we were all together so frequently at the farmhouse.

Somehow, we made it through the first trimester without anyone finding out. I knew all along that the next person I would tell would be Jane. If anyone in the world deserved to receive the news about a new baby, it was her.

I couldn't just tell her, though.

I knew I had to find a way to tell her that would be memorable and exciting. Unexpected.

I waved to the last of our evening students as they left the house and shut the front door before heading back to the studio. Jane was tidying up with Yoongi when I walked in. My stomach swam with butterflies.

This is it.

I had waited anxiously for months, barely able to contain my excitement about telling her the big news. I had planned, practiced, sweated over getting the reveal just right. Yoongi told me I was overthinking it, but I didn't care. I had a vision in mind and I had to see it through.

Yoongi saw me slip into the room and knew what I was up to, but Jane was oblivious. She was far too focused on making sure all of the books were back where they belonged, and that the doily on the coffee table wasn't wrinkled. I managed to get to the piano and sat down before she noticed.

I giggled as she jumped a little when the music began. She spun around and looked at me with a great big grin. She rarely got to hear me play, but loved when I did, so she naturally gravitated over towards me and sat down on the bench beside me.

Perfect. I have her right where I want her.

After the intro chords, I began to sing the words: 

"When whippoorwills call, and evening is nigh,

I hurry to my Blue Heaven.

A turn to the right, a little white light,

Will lead you to my Blue Heaven.

You'll see a smilin' face, a fireplace, a cozy room,

A little nest that's nestled where the roses bloom;