S1: 5: Adapting

"What are you doing here, son?" An unfamiliar voice asked.

Minho's body stiff in front of a person. Yeona small figure was hidden behind him. Yeona peeked a little to see the owner of the voice.

"Who is this woman?" The voice grew serious.

Yeona saw a handsome, tall man wearing formal attire standing in front of them. A gold crown is sitting proudly on his head. His eyes showed no mercy, his face never showed any kindness. Yeona accidentally locked eyes with him. She quickly looked away as a shiver ran down her spine.

"She is my new servant, father" Minho replied.

The king gestured for Minho to move aside. Minho reluctantly moved away. Yeona was exposed to the king. Yeona glanced at Minho with a panicked look. Minho gestured to her to remain calm. Yeona keeps looking down, not wanting to look at the king fierce face.

"She's small and...look weak. Can she do any work?" His deep voice criticizes her.

"Yes. I have thoroughly checked her capabilities" Minho replied without any hesitation.

The king nodded, his face remained fierce. The king made another gesture for Yeona to move aside. Yeona scurried to the side. The king starts to walk past them.

Yeona was going to speak when the king stops walking. He glanced a little towards Minho.

"I hope your performance will be better or she will be the one who suffers" The king stride away.

Yeona looked confusedly at Minho. Minho's clenched his fist tightly. He glared at the king and quickly continue their journey. Yeona who was still dumbfounded, hurriedly follow Minho from behind.

Yeona wanted to ask about the king but kept quiet as she watched Minho suddenly had a bad mood. Her curiosity grows within this castle.

------------------

The sun slowly setting down. The beautiful orangish-red painted the sky, giving a breathtaking view. People of Christark always loved the view of the dusk. It is quite normal for them to leave whatever they were doing earlier to go and watch the sunset together. When the sun finally sets, they would continue their work.

Meanwhile, two other souls are still trapped within the archive room, searching for a specific scroll. The room was messy with scrolls scattering around.

Seohyun's shaky hand reached for another scroll. She opened up the scroll slowly and sighed when she reads the title. She put aside the scroll and reached for another one.

"I have found it!" Hangyeol shouted.

Seohyun perked up. She hastily moves towards Hangyeol. Hangyeol holds a deteriorated scroll in his palms. He smiled proudly towards Seohyun. Seohyun replied with a big smile.

Hangyeol opened up the scroll only to find half of the scroll was gone. Clouds of dust from the scroll scattered around. Seohyun and Hangyeol coughed. It seemed like the scroll was eaten. The last line in the remaining scroll was, 'Christark castle library has transferred the journal...'.

"Damn those bookworms" Hangyeol cursed.

"Worms that eat...books and scrolls?" Seohyun asked.

Hangyeol nodded. Seohyun sighed in disappointment. She pats the dust off of her clothes.

"I think it's time to have apprentices... I'm too old for this job now" Hangyeol mumbled as he kept the scroll back where it used to be.