S3: 7: After 12

"Oh...Hyung... What are you guys doing here?" A voice asked, hidden in the shadow of the large bushes.

"The ball is almost over" another voice chirps in from the same place.

Chan and Changbin who had been busying themselves looking for Eunji, turned around to see two figures in the darkness. They squinted their eyes to know exactly who were talking to them.

"Chan hyung, don't tell me your eyesight is getting worst because of your age," one of them said teasingly.

Both the anonymous and Changbin burst out laughing while Chan just stared at the darkness with a soft smile. Their laughter filled the silent night outside.

"Seungmin ah, Iyen ah, come out," Chan called with his arms folded.

Seungmin wearing a dark brown suit with a tan bowtie, smiled ear to ear as he emerged into the light. As for Jeongin, he was wearing a navy blue suit with a cream necktie and his gold crown shimmers in the light, signifying his status. They stride towards their best friends with a toothy grin.

"We were looking for you in the ballroom. Han said you were here" Jeongin said.

"What were you looking for anyway?" Seungmin asked out of curiosity, seeing them glistening with sweats due to the humidity and exhaustion.

Chan laughed nervously while scratching the back of his neck. Meanwhile, Changbin removed his black jacket, revealing a black shirt underneath and loosened his pink tie. He was starting to feel the heat of the night.

"Just...you know...searching for someone" Chan continued to laugh nervously. He suddenly feels uncomfortable in his grey suit. He too started to loosen his navy blue tie.

"Oh, do you mean the troublemaker?" Jeongin asked as his eyes lit up.

Chan looked at him with a curious look. How did both of them recognise her when they had never met her before. He sighed to himself as he remembers she had worn the ribbon that signify his kingdom. The two of them must have known lots of upper-class from Christark to be able to differentiate the odd one. Well, then again, that is what they do, recognised each other for diplomacy.

"Sorta" Changbin replied on Chan's behalf as he was thinking to himself.

"Was she wearing off a shoulder sky blue gown with a navy blue ribbon tied in her hair?" Jeongin continued to ask.

Both of them nodded.

"Well, we've seen her going to Han's office a while ago. She didn't look good though..." Seungmin said as he tried to remember the earlier event. His forehead wrinkled in the process. He remembered how she staggered as she supports herself against the wall.

"Yeah, hyung, you better check up on her. We think she's not well" Jeongin chirps in worriedly. He saw a similar scene too.

They were going to help her but for some reason, their feet were glued to the ground. As if they were enchanted to stay and watch her. Once they came back to reality, she already entered Han's office. They thought she might be safe there and continued walking away. Though, traces of worriedness still lingers.

Chan and Changbin didn't react much for they had already known the reason behind it. Seungmin and Jeongin exchanged glances, wondering why they were not reacting nor being worried. Jeongin brings out his pocket watch and checked the time.

"Oh, it's almost 12? Time does fly fast when you're having fun" He said as he close his watch and keep it back in his pocket.

"Wait Jeongin, what exactly the time now?" Chan asked. His face immediately turned pale. He could feel the adrenaline rushing up and his body suddenly went cold.