S2: 9: Spider cat

"A big spider"

"Well let's move our asses before it eats it," Areum said while pulling Seohyun backwards further away from the spider.

The spider hissed again as they moved. They put their swords in the sheath quickly. Seohyun and Areum lifted Yeona's body.

"Well, she's unexpectedly heavy" Seohyun groan.

They tried running away while carrying her friend but alas, the spider was faster. Everywhere they went, every turn they make, the spider would be in front of them and hissed.

They found a large tree and hid behind it. Both of them were panting hard.

"At this rate, we'll never found a way out...dang it!" Areum cursed under her breathe

She turned to look at Yeona who is still unconscious. Beside her, Seohyun was focusing on reading her book.

"Seohyun ah, do you know any shortcuts? Is there any in the book" Areum asked while panting.

Seohyun remained silent. She was flipping through pages. Her face scrunched as she speeds read.

Areum sat down in defeat and leaned at the tree. She closed her eyes with a heavy sigh. Suddenly, she felt as the warmth of the sun disappeared. She opened her eyes to see the spider being so close.

The spider was trapping them with its large legs at the side of the tree, blocking any way out.

"Seohyun..." Areum whispered as she slowly glanced at her friend.

Seohyun disappeared. She quickly searched for her with her eyes. She was standing in front of them; between them and the spider.

"Bro, you crazy?! Get back here!" Areum shouted

Seohyun glanced at her.

"Don't worry. I'll take responsibility for this... I'm the one who insisted you guys to go in here" she said with a smile before turning back to the spider.

The spider hissed at her. Areum watched as Seohgun walked closer to the spider. Closer and closer.

"Seohyun come back here!! I swear to god, I'll kill you first before the spider did if you step any closer" Areum warned, her eyes started to become teary.

Seohyun ignored her warnings as she stepped closer. She was finally inches away from the spider. It hissed again. Areum couldn't watch the scene that would be unravelled in front of her.

...

...

...

"Meow~~~"

Areum suddenly heard a cat meowed all of a sudden. She opens her eyes to see Seohyun patting the spider at the head. The spider nudge her hands a little and meowed.

"The spider is purring...?" Areum asked in disbelief as she could hear the purring loud and clear.

Seohyun turned to her with a big smile.

"I knew it when I heard it hissed for the first time...it almost sounds like a cat hissed," Seohyun said while stop patting the spider.

"Turns out my hunch was correct! It's a spider cat!" She continues while throwing the book to Areum.

"You're a good spider cat aren't you?" She asked the spider while patting its head.

The spider meowed in response. Areum's jaws dropped as she fall back to the tree and let out a relieved sigh. Areum opened the book to the page Seohyun marked.