S4: 10: Unpredict Saviour

"Got unlucky?" Seojun snickered, seeing the prince gloomed.

Chan was sitting with his back to the bars. He had requested all guards to leave them alone. He was quiet for a solid 10 minutes. In this situation, it would be a good chance for Seojun to kill him; however, he's over that now.

"Oi, I'm getting bored here. If you don't want to say anything, then leave," Seojun was starting to get annoyed by Chan's quitness.

"And take your gloominess with ya. It's depressing," Seojun gestured for him to move, but Chan still remained the same.

"Guilt," Chan mumbled but loud enough to catch Seojun's attention.

"That's why I wasn't there when the funeral takes place," he continued.

Chan glanced from the corner of his eyes. Seojun stared at him from afar.

"I'm sorry...for everything," he apologized.

He became quiet. Recollecting all the memories, constructing the right words to say.

" 'The way to win is to unite,'. You said that to me once,"

Chan giggled to himself in pity.

"I couldn't bare the pain of guilt when I see all of those families, friends, the graves. It haunts me. So... I became a renegade,"

"I did intensive research with the help of Hangyeol to find if there's other royalties from other kingdoms who felt the same way,"

"It started with Prince Han Jisung from Hanratheon, then Prince Seo Changbin of Seortell, and slowly I've found all of them,"

"Prince Han Jisung, Prince Seo Changbin, Prince Hwang Hyunjin, Prince Kim Seungmin, Prince Kim Jeongin, Prince Lee Felix and Prince Lee Minho. All of them are my brothers who helped stop the war," Chan lifted his right hand so it could touch the ray of light coming from the moon.

"We had united all of the kingdom," he gripped his hand into a fist.

"If it weren't for you, I wouldn't have come up with the idea to unite all of us. I wouldn't have met the brothers that meant dearly to me. I would probably still be the hypocrite prince," he lowered his hand.

Chan turned his head to look at him. The man was still watching him intensely.

"Thank you, Han Seojun," he smiled

"And I don't know what really happened, but I have a feeling you were behind Seohyun's arrival too," he slowly rise.

"Thank you for letting me meet her," he smiled to him again.

Chan's smile immediately fell. His eyes lost its light. His face became paler than it already is.

"I'm sorry I couldn't save her," he whispered before walking away, leaving Seojun alone in his cell.

Seojun watched his back disappear. He slowly moved closer to the bars. He turned around and fell slowly while leaning to it. He stared at the sky outside. The stars were out of reach. He wished he could just grab one and make a wish to stop this nightmare.

"Do it," Seojun muttered beneath his breath.

In the darkest part of his cell, a pair of eyes glow, looking at him.

"Are you sure? It would be better if that girl died rather than him. His pain... would be greater than death itself," the female voice asked Seojun.

"No... not like this. She didn't do anything. I never wanted her to get hurt. Just save her," he said in a serious tone.

"So, you've backed out from the plan. Fine. I'll do it," the voice said monotonously.

"...as a friend," it continued.

Seojun suddenly felt a tingling sensation throughout his body. He widened his eyes as he looked at the pair of emotionless eyes.

"You've...put a spell on me...didn't you," he gritted his teeth.

"Just to make sure you won't snitch," the voice replied calmly.

"You know I wouldn't. Put some faith in your friend, for god sake," he spits out.

"...Just a precaution," her voice is still calm.

Seojun became silent. He turned his attention to the clear sky outside.

"By the way, Yeonho is almost ready with his plan. Wish him luck, will you?" She said before submerging into the dark.

Seojun chuckled to himself.

"How the hell am I gonna say that when I'm here?"

____________________________

The clear sky was slowly covered with thick black clouds, covering the warmth of the moonlight from Seohyun.

Since Chan came back – tears staining his cheeks – with nothing, everyone started to lose hope. Areum fell to her knees as her hand gripped Hyunjin's tightly. Yeona cried into Minho's arm. Changbin slumped down at the oddly cold wall while staring at the unconscious figure on bed.

Chan went to Seohyun and gripped her hand which slowly losing its warmth. He tried to smile to her, imagining as if she was awake, and brought her hand closer. He kissed it and continued squeezing her hand, hoping she was able to feel him there. He kept muttering 'I'm sorry,' again and again.

That night, it was chilly as the moon was covered completely. Only darkness filled the room. There was no one in the room except for Seohyun. The door opened deliberately in an eerily way.

"My, my, my. Look at the sleeping princess. Sleeping in all of that pain," the female voice said.

The door shuts slowly, locking in the process. The figure was still in the darkness as if light ever touched her figure, she would burn. Only her bright eyes could be seen. Since the whole room was dark, she could roam around freely.

"You weren't an angel nor a devil... I wonder what you are?" She asked while walking around her bed.

"Ah... right. A human," she replied to herself, disappointed.

"That's why I think I could tolerate you. If you were that goody two shoes I would probably atleast give you the mercy to end your pain quickly...if you were the opposite...I would just let you die the way you are," she reasoned to herself.

"But... currently, my judgment doesn't matter. I only came here because of his plead," she continued conversing.

Seohyun stirred a bit.

"So you know who I'm talking about!" She fake her exclaimed.

"If Seojun hadn't pleaded like a kid wanting a lollipop, I wouldn't even think of doing this now," she said as her eyes grew brighter.

"I summon the poison within this body,

To come out from its hiding,

Leave the person as they be,
And go to the bottle besides me,"

Seohyun's mouth parted slightly. A purplish coloured liquid leaves her body. It went straight to a small bottle hovering over her. Once all of the poison was removed, the dark figure closed it and disappeared into the dark corner.