S3: 2: The lady in the cottage

Yeona walked around aimlessly, trying to figure out which way was Minho's room. When she is in this size, everything looks larger and quite the same.

She walked and walked until she found herself outside- in the garden. She decided to keep going, knowing if she went back she would definitely be lost. At least, if she is lost here, it would be surrounded by beautiful flowers and not scary hallways.

As yeona walked past the garden, admiring the beauty of it, she saw a small cottage not far from there. She stared at the cute cottage as she has never seen it before.

Quiet as a mouse, she run towards the cottage and jump onto the window to see who was inside. The door suddenly open which made her surprised and fell backwards.

Luckily, a pair of hands managed to catch her in time. She looked to her saviour, a lady with a kind smile.

"Oh little kitty, are you alright?" The lady asked gently as she pats her head.

Yeona replied with a meow and purr at her gentle touch. The woman looked pleased with her response.

"Would you like to have tea and biscuits with me?" She asked but didn't wait for Yeona's reply as she walked inside the cottage. Yeona's grumbling tummy was the answer she needed.

She sets Yeona on a chair; slightly taller compared to the rest. The lady brought a tray of a beautiful white teapot and two sets of cups and saucers.

She set everything down and head back to the kitchen. Then, she brings out a variety of biscuits and set them on the table too.

"Please, help yourself" she offered while pouring the tea into the cup.

Yeona bit one of the biscuits to pull it out from the plate and tried to hold it in her paws. As she was munching at her biscuit while the woman added a final touch by placing a small straw in the cup.

Yeona meowed to give her thanks to the woman for her hospitality.

"You're very welcome" she replied and sips her tea.

"Do you live in the castle?" The lady asked as she puts down her teacup.

Yeona meowed again.

"Oh my! What pleasant news! Tell me, have you ever seen a boy; around the age of 10 there?" She asked again, her eyes sparkled with excitement.

Yeona thinks for a moment. She couldn't remember any boy in the castle. There are just empty spaces, the king, the doctor, Minho, and her.

"I don't think so..." Yeona meowed

"Ahhh I see" the woman replied, sadness washes over her.

Yeona felt guilty all of a sudden. She tried remembering if there was any boy that may be hidden in plain sight.

"By the way, how are the tea and biscuits?" The lady asked with a small smile.

"Very delicious!" Yeona replied without hesitation, hoping it could make the lady happy. She was also being truthful -  the biscuits are one of the best she ever had. Crunchy on the outside but chewy on the inside; just the right balance.

"Oh my, I am flattered by that compliment. I made these biscuits myself and for the tea, a handsome servant always provided me one of the best tea from Felly" she said while laughing happily.

"You can understand me?" Yeona finally realized.

"Of course! I did once study the language of the cats" she proudly said and sips her tea.

Yeona continued to munch the biscuits and conversed with the lady. Her bright and outgoing personality make her more comfortable talking with

"Oh dear, we've run out of biscuits. Let me get some more" the lady said and hurriedly pick up the empty plate.