S3: 5: Eunji

"I'm sorry" she whispered with a trembling voice.

Little did she know, Seohyun is a light sleeper. Her whisper was enough to awaken the sleeping soul from her land of dreams.

"Huh?" Seohyun asked half sleepily.

She looked up to see the dagger glaring at her- though she didn't acknowledge it, her attention focused more on the owner of the dagger. The mixed emotions seen on Lady Eunji's face caught her eyes.

"Hello there, Lady Eunji" she slurred a bit and gave a childish smile.

Lady Eunji was taken aback by her ignorance of the fate she was about to encounter. The dagger was pulled away from the position. She pointed the dagger in front of Seohyun's face- making the girl's eyes focused at the tip.

"What are you doing here?" Seohyun played dumb even though she knew the reason. Due to the curse, her mind wasn't functioning well and she dreaded falling asleep again.

"Stop acting as if you don't know anything! You know exactly why I'm here" Lady Eunji shouted in rage as she thrust the dagger a bit to make Seohyun scared.

Instead of being scared, Seohyun didn't react nor blink at the warning. Her mind was too tired to process everything. Still, there is one thing running in her head.

"...I'm sorry" Seohyun apologizes with a trace of guilt.

Once again, Lady Eunji stared at her in disbelief. She was stunned to talk nor to react to the apology. Seohyun took this chance to lower the dagger so she could look at her in the eyes.

Lady Eunji stared at Seohyun's sleepy eyes- a wave of emotions swirling inside. Her body relaxed for some reason and the dagger fall to the ground.

"I caused you those pain. I've heard what they said and I couldn't imagine how would you feel if I were in your shoes" Seohyun said. She pinched herself a bit, making sure didn't fall asleep.

"Of course, you don't...nobody does," Lady Eunji's said in a solemn voice, her face turning dark. She look down at the red carpet and hugged herself.

"It was supposed to be easy. I grow up to be a respectable woman, marry Chan, become the Queen of Christark and that's it," she continued though her eyes never met Seohyun.

"That's what they told me how it would be" Lady Eunji mumbled to herself, still, in a sleepy state, Seohyun could still hear it.

"...The marriage... Do you actually want it?" Seohyun asked out of curiosity.

Lady Eunji snapped and look at Seohyun with anger filled in her eyes. Her forehead scrunched as she stared daggers at her.

"Of course! I love him longer than you! I don't understand why he choose you when I was with him from the start!" Lady Eunji shouted in frustration. Seohyun eyes slightly widen from the sudden rage.

"You don't even belong here! What does he see in you that I don't have?! On top of that, you don't even know how our kingdom works! If I can't get him then that means I don't worth a thing!" Lady Eunji continued as she points her finger at Seohyun. Seohyun remained silent to let her let out the pent up frustration.

Lady Eunji suddenly becomes solemn again. Her eyes now reflected pain and sadness

"...Maybe I don't really love him... Maybe I'm just using him for what I want..." she muttered while her eyes widen as if she just realized her true feelings.

"Without him... I'm just nothing" she continued as her hands cover her face.

"I'm not an interesting person, to begin with anyway..." She mumbles to herself again.