S4: 8: Hellanous

"It has been 4 days. She hasn't woken up yet. What did you do to her?" Chan asked with spite to the man behind bars.

Han Seojun who was sitting in the corner of the darkness with his head hung low, slowly look at Chan. The only thing Chan can see clearly is his eyes reflected by the light.

"Why should I tell?" Seojun didn't answer.

"You were-" Chan inhaled deeply, calming himself.

"You were aiming that thing at me, knowing you, you wouldn't let me die peacefully," Chan replied monotonously.

Seojun slowly got up and walked into the light with his head still hung low. His hands were behind his back. He looked up at Chan with a smirk.

"Poison," he replied shortly.

"Hellanous Poison," he continued.

Chan's face scrunched as he never heard of it.

"Smart but not intelligent," Seojun chuckled to himself seeing Chan looking dumbfounded.

He walked closer to the bars. As they both stared into each other eyes, one with an amused look while the other gave a glare, Seojun felt satisfied.

"It is a rare poison... as rare as the cure itself," He continued while breaking eye contact and start walking away.

"Tell me where the cure is," Chan said as he gripped the bars.

"Oh, you know it all so well Prince Christopher Chan of Christark. Let me give you a hint, your used favourite book," Seojun said while looking at the stars from a small window with bars.

Chan thought for a moment about the hint. Then, an idea struck when he remembered his younger days. He was about to leave in a hurry when Seojun spoke in a stern but calm way,

"If you want your lover girl to be alive, you must hurry. She only got 3 days left and I'm sure she is in horrendous pain. It is called a hellanous poison for a reason, ya know,"

Chan was slightly confused by the way he speaks. He didn't sound like himself. As Chan stared at the back of the figure, he slowly runs away.

The echoes of his footsteps slowly fade away while the man in the cell who was still watching the stars shimmer and shine sighed loudly.

He looked down and stared at his right bare hand. He could picture the blood tainting it. It kept him thinking after all this while, after all the rage of vengeance, was it worth it?

Did he become a monster he knew he can't avoid? It felt like watching himself turning into something he was not and what about his parents? How could he even face them after all these? Will they love him as they used to or will they look at him like a monster he had become?

He walked slowly to the corner and sat there once again with his thoughts. He smiled when he remembered at least those hands didn't just hurt or take someone's life. At least...it covered someone with his favourite soft blanket.

Now that someone is laying on a bed, unconscious because of the poison he made.

____________________________

Seojun took a glimpse down memory lane. Back to the little chit-chat, he had with his parallel self and when she had finally fallen for his trick to fall asleep.

The girl remained unconscious while her chest slowly rises and falls. Seojun kneeled in front of her. He gently slapped her cheeks to check if she was still conscious. She was out cold. The sleeping pill he put in the tea works perfectly.

He took a potion a while ago to be immune from the pill. His smile fades as he watched the sleeping girl in front of him. His heartthrob suddenly. A feeling he hadn't felt in a long time. He clenched his chest as his teeth clenched.

Ignoring the feeling of guilt, he rises slowly. His eyes turned as cold as his heart. He knew he can't stop now. He had planned this for a long time and this girl in front of her won't stop him just like how she stopped Lady Eunji.

Yes, vengeance is the only answer for him. Prince Christopher Chan must pay for what he had done to his troop and himself.

Suddenly, her voice echoes in his mind, 'Don't...hurt him...'.

"I'm sorry I couldn't do that Seohyun," Seojun whispered.

Seojun carried Seohyun to the couch. He gently puts her down. He covered her with a blanket he took not far from the couch.

"You weren't supposed to be a part of this mess... I'll send you back after all this end," he walked towards the front door.

Before he closed the door, Seojun took one last glance at Seohyun. Then, looking away, he shuts the door, leaving all of his guilt behind in the cabin.