S3: 10: A little chit chat

Areum stared at the drawing in her hands. She couldn't stop looking at it. A drawing of her testing her dress for the ball. Her lips curve into a smile. The drawing was given by Hyunjin after they went back from Hanratheon.

She remembers that night when she was preparing to go to bed, there was a sudden knock interrupting her. Curious, she puts on her purple robe and opened the door. There was no one. She looked around before slowly closing the door.

Then, her eyes catch a piece of paper taped onto the door. She gently removed it, making sure it was not ripped. There was writing on it.

Something I did recently. I hope you liked it.

When she flipped the paper, there it was a drawing of her. She was stunned to see it. A drawing of her testing a purple dress with a grin as she looks into the mirror in the drawing. The detailed drawing makes it more stunning. The shop assistant standing beside her, watching Areum admiring the beauty of the dress looks on her. They were several dresses displayed on the shelves and scattering shoes on the floor.

Areum looks around once again and there he was, peeking behind a corner. When Hyunjin saw Areum was looking at him, he bashfully waved his hand a little to her and immediately ran away. Areum giggles to herself. Staring at the picture again, she gently closed the door.

"Oohhh that's a beautiful drawing," Yeona said while peeking behind Areum.

"What drawing?" Seohyun asked as she looked up from her book.

Areum flipped the paper towards Seohyun who was sitting opposite her. A soft awed could be heard from the girl after looking at it.

The three friends were sitting together in the glasshouse, enjoying each other company after the hectic night. It was a calm morning for them as they sat together for breakfast in the glasshouse. Though they seemed to enjoy the calmness. Maybe because they felt they took 'calm' for granted before.

"Who made it? This looks like professional work," Seohyun tilts her head to look at Areum.

"Hyunjin made it" Areum replied sheepishly while trying to hide her smile.

Once again, the two girls were awed at the answer. Areum looked down from embarrassment. She didn't know why she felt that but she could feel the rising warmth on her cheeks. With a teasing smile, Yeona signalled Seohyun to tease the red girl.

"Ehhh that's a very good drawing of you," Yeona started with a chesire grin.

Areum froze immediately.

"Very detailed too, huh, Yeona. He must be superrr focused on the subject when making it," it was Seohyun's turn to comment. She smiled devilishly.

Areum's mind starts to connect the dots they were implying. Her ears turned red at the theory she made up in her head. It couldn't be. He only made it because he was practising his drawing skills. Areum kept persuading herself to not overthink.

"Anyway, I forgot to congratulate you. Congratulations on your relationship Yeona... that was pretty fast" Areum tried to change the subject.

Instantly, Yeona's face turned bright red. She had told them about what happened that night since they hadn't seen her or Minho after the ball ended. When she had finished telling her story, both of them teased her for 5 minutes straight.

"But what about you, Seohyun? Nothing to tell? You seemed awfully...shy when Yeona was telling her story" Areum smirked and lifted her eyebrow. Revenge does taste sweet now after seeing both girls are flustered.