S3: 8: Cheesecake and Confession

A couple of soft knocks could be heard in the dead of night. It was dark outside the castle of GreyLeeKnow. The only source of light was from the moon and the light coming from the small cottage.

The owner opened the door while covering herself in a magenta rob. Her tired expression turned into delight at the sight of her sudden visitors.

"I hope we aren't bothering you at this hour," Yeona said while smiling sheepishly.

"Oh, heavens no! I was just reading a book" Minho's mother said as she gestured them to get in.

"It's okay. We're going to head in. It's a very tiring night" Minho decline the offer with a smile.

"We came by to give you this cheesecake from Hanratheon," Yeona said as she showed the dessert in a small pink box, wrapped with a blue ribbon.

Minho's mother cheerfully accepted the gift. She was mumbling to herself about when she would eat the cheesecake. She turned again towards them with a soft smile.

"Thank you very much both of you. Let's eat together for breakfast tomorrow" she invited.

Yeona and Minho turned to look at each other with a grin. They both looked at Minho's mother and nodded.

"It's best if we head in now. Goodnight mother" Minho said as he bowed as a gesture of respect.

"Have a good night, Mrs Lee" Yeona turned to say and bowed politely.

"You too. Have a nice rest Lee Know, little kitty," The lady in the cottage replied with an approving nod.

Yeona was taken back by how she had recognised who she was even though she was in her human form.

Mrs Lee mischievously smile as she had hinted she knew more than she can tell. Yeona was stunned but soon smiled at her.

She had changed back suddenly when entering the glasshouse. They both sighed in relief. She remembered, after she had told Minho about her short meeting with her parallel self, he had turned pale and distant. She was worried the whole time and persuade them to go back. Even though he had declined a couple of times, he finally surrenders.

"Oh! I have to say, both of you look so good together. As if you were both a thing" Minho's mother said in a teasing tone while gesturing them to get closer.

Both of them instantly blushed at the comment. This made Mrs Lee smile even wider, knowing her teasing got the reaction she wanted. Flustered, Yeona tried to deny but the lady cut her first.

"Goodnight!" She said quickly and shut the door, leaving them dumbfounded.

Awkwardly, both of them walked together, leaving the small cottage behind. At a slow pace, they walk while enjoying the garden. Accompanied by the moon, both of them lost in their train of thoughts.

Minho glanced a bit at Yeona. She was looking silently at the flowers. They look different from this point of view, she thought to herself. She was trying hard to forget the remark Mrs Lee made, afraid it might make things awkward between them.

"I have to say... What mother says could be true..." Minho said, quickly glancing away from Yeona.

She scrunched her forehead and looked at him. Her mind went blank.

"About what?" She asked even though she was slowly realizing what he meant.

She tried to calm herself, thinking it might be a false assumption in her head. Minho inhaled deeply and looked up to the sky. He stared at the moon for a while before gathering his courage.

"We could be a thing" he mumbled but still could be heard by Yeona. Minho finally looked at her with sincerity in his eyes.

Her eyes widen as her jaw dropped slightly. She could feel the adrenaline rushing up. The beating of her heartbeat increases. She stared into his eyes, trying to find if he was honest or not. Though, knowing him by now, she would have known this wasn't a joke.

"All my life, I thought I was going to be alone... Carrying everything by myself but you don't know how much your words meant to me that night...in the infirmary" he confessed softly.

"And whenever I doubted you, you always fulfil your words, always be with me no matter what and I am grateful for that..." he continued, his eyes trailing away to look at the flowers. Biting his lips, he looked at her again. A slight redness covered his cheeks.

"At first it was just the feeling of security and gratefulness but as I get to spend more time with you... I became more greedy with my feelings" he looked away again as if he was ashamed by what he was saying.

Minho stopped for a moment. His mind wrecked to find the right words to say. Inhaling sharply, he looked straight into her eyes.

"I like you. I want to spend my present, my future, my every day with you" he confessed as he chewed the inside of his cheeks.

"I-" Yeona was too stunned to reply. She didn't know what to say or how to act.

"It's okay. You don't have to say anything. I know this is too sudden," he replied in a comforting tone. He looks to the ground, trying to hide his disappointment.

"No. Minho, I..." She was tongue-tied.

Minho just wave his hands, gesturing to her, she didn't need to say anything. Yeona was fed up with herself for not being able to tell what she really feels. Minho starts to walk away slowly with his head hung low. Panic, Yeona pulled him by the sleeve and embraced him. Minho's body stiffens immediately.

"I... I like you too" she whispered and hide her embarrassed face into his shoulder.

Minho's eyes sparkled. He pulled her closer into the hug, enjoying each other warmth in the cold night.

"Please stay here with me," he mumbled in the hug. Yeona replied with a hummed.

______________________

"All they need is a little push~" Mrs Lee cheerfully said as she closed her curtains.

She had been spying on them the whole time, trying to see if her plan works. Certainly, everything falls right into place which made the lady sit with a satisfied smile.

"They'll be a good match" another voice chimed in.

Mrs Lee picked up her teacup and sips it slowly. Once finished drinking, she looked at her late-night guest, King Soonie who was munching a slice of cheesecake.

"Are you sure, you can eat that?" She asked.

"It's worth it" King Soonie replied as he took another bite from the fork.