S4: 11: At ease

Running. Running. Running. Out of breath. Stomach is grumbling. He didn't care. The moment he heard from Hangyeol after he woke up – with dark circles and puffy eyes – that Seohyun is awake, he leapt out immediately.

If it wasn't for Changbin who stopped him from exiting his room, he would probably be running with his pyjamas on. He stormed into the room that is filled with radiance and warmth. Familiar backs were hovering around the bed. The loud chattering filled the room, giving a positive feeling.

Chan gathers himself properly, catching his breath and wiping the sweat from his forehead. The cheerful voices gave him a slight hope. He still can't believe it unless he saw it with his eyes.

"Seohyun?" Softly, he called her name, still standing at the entrance of the room. He didn't want to enter yet. Not yet. He needs to be sure.

The room became quiet, everyone turned to look at him curiously before smiling. Areum, Yeona, Hyunjin and Minho moved away from the bed, giving a clear view for Chan.

There she was sitting with a pillow behind her back and holding a glass of water in her hands. She looked weak but she was smiling. When she saw him, her eyes sparkled even more and her smile grew brighter.

"Hi, Prince Christopher Chan," she greeted him with a wave.

Chan stands still at the doorway, still hasn't believed his eyes. He was thinking if it was all just a dream. Changbin slapped his shoulder, ushering him to go inside. Since Chan still can't process the whole thing, Changbin had to push him inside until he was in front of Seohyun.

Seohyun giggled a little seeing him still stunned. She put away her glass on a table next to her bed and clasped her small hands to his big ones. Chan blinked finally. He looked at her hands over his.

"You're o...kay?" His voice can nearly be heard.

"A little bit in pain but I'm doing good," she replied, squeezing his hands a bit.

Chan immediately embraced Seohyun tightly. She was surprised but immediately return the hug while patting his back slowly.

"I thought I lost you," Chan whispered into her ears.

Seohyun chuckled a bit before replying  "I'm too stubborn to leave you,".

______________

"But I don't understand how she recovered?" Changbin asked as he was leaning against the wall with Minho.

"Miracles, I guess?" He replied as they stared at the group's small reunion.

Changbin remained quiet, not fully agreeing to this mysterious miracle.

"Then, I heard a female voice, chanting something. Before I knew it, my body felt better," Seohyun said excitedly from afar.

This had pique Changbin's interest. He knew somehow it was related to Han Seojun. Even though there's no evidence but his guts keep telling him he was behind all this. Though, he decided to let everything settle down first.

Everyone looked extremely happy, especially Chan and he didn't want to take that away. He thought maybe he could stop by the library and ask Hangyeol about this.

"If there's only one cure for the curse, then Seohyun wouldn't be here now," he mumbled.

"Something fishy is going on," he continued and cracked a chuckle as he always wanted to say it like a professional detective.

___________

A few days later, Changbin came back to the castle with loads of different kinds of snacks from Seortell. He knew Seohyun loved all of these during the times they spent researching together, especially the spicy ones.

He was going to stop by the infirmary room before going to the library. He gently knocks  the door until a soft muffled told him to come in. He opened the door and closed it in the process while making sure to make it as quiet as possible.

Seohyun looked much better. She was standing by the window, watching the flowers dance in the wind. Chan was there beside her with his arm wrapped around her waist.

"Bad timing?" Changbin asked while acting flustered.

"No, no! Is that...food?!" Seohyun asked, delighted at the sight.

They all gather at her bed while Changbin dumps the snacks on the bed.

"The best snacks Seortell could offer, only for my lady~" he bowed and giggled.

Seohyun who was opening a bag, giggle and told him to take a seat. The three of them had a relaxing conversation while munching away the food. It's been a long time since they felt this calmness and enjoyed their time together. Seohyun wonders what her other two friends were doing right now. They promised to come and visit her tomorrow.

Suddenly, the door burst open as a guard with a weary expression searched the room with his tired eyes. It landed on Chan who had stopped chewing his sandwich.

"Your Highness, troubles in GreyLeeKnow and Targahyun!"

___________________________

A: This will be the final chapter for Season 4. I am working on the last season. I hope you guys can wait a little more😔🙏 and thank you so much for your support!🥹❤️