S1: 11: Answers

Seohyun put down the thick journal on the round table. Everyone looked at the worn-out Seohyun who looks half asleep.

She had read the journal for seven days straight, trying to understand what the writer wrote in his journal. The author's handwriting took her at least an hour to finish reading the whole page. Not to mention, the journal is filled with complex equations and mathematical terms.

She went to the library and asked Hangyeol about it but he didn't know anything. She asked Chan if he knew at least some of it, luckily he did. Unfortunately, lately, Chan had been so busy with his royal duties he couldn't help much. She hadn't seen him much too.

Seohyun didn't want to bother him more. Meanwhile, Minho and Yeona were banned from going out. She couldn't ask for their help either. Hyunjin and Areum were also grounded because Hyunjin didn't tell the king where they had disappeared. The king was furious when he found out they had gone out until late at night.

So, she decided to do some research on her own. The library had become her new home. Books by books she read to understand the formulas and equations. With the help of Hangyeol, finding the books she needed, she slowly understands.

Luckily, Changbin drops by often to bring her some snacks and also helped out a bit. He helped her pointed out things she had missed. Not only that, he shared some of his knowledge as they read through the journal together.

After seven days of research, they finally understood what they needed to do. Seohyun held an emergency meeting in the glasshouse. Everyone managed to be present.

Changbin yawned as he stretches. Seohyun yawned too. She shook her head and slap her cheeks gently to stay awake. Even though she was standing, the sleepiness still won't go away.

"So, Changbin and I figured out how we could go back" Seohyun started talking. She yawned again.

"Park Junseo wrote all of his experiments to return to our world in here. He had tried a lot of ways but failed. I think he finally succeeded after he meets his parallel self" Seohyun started explaining.

"Wait, he found his parallel self?" Areum asked

"This is where it gets juicy. Park Junseo wrote he woke up at the borderline of Christark and Seortell. Just like how I woke up. In the middle of the dark forest, the borderline between two kingdoms. It took him some time to find his parallel self who lived in Seortell but grew up in Christark" Seohyun replied.

"I think this answers our questions about us waking up in different places. Our parallel selves might be living separately. Also, our parallel selves might not know each other" Seohyun continued as she starts thinking again.

"You mean... Our parallel selves aren't even friends here?" Yeona asked, a little bit shocked.

"Yup, we both think it that way" Changbin replied on Seohyun's behalf.

"Then, how do we get the three of you back to your world?" Hyunjin asked.

Seohyun proudly opens the journal to the last page it was written. She pushed the journal to Chan and asked him to look at it then passed it around.

"As you can see there, that was the last page he has written. Then, that means he must have succeeded" Seohyun said.

Everyone looked at the messy handwritten on the last page. The next page is blank.

"In his last entry, he wrote, his parallel self took him to a hidden place only known by his parallel self and I quote "I've come to an understanding the place 'he' mentioned is a place special to him. If I haven't written any entries in this journal that would mean I have succeeded in finding my way back" is what he stated in the last lines," Seohyun explained

"Are you sure this would work?" Minho asked, pushing the book to Changbin.

"This man, from what I can see, is an enthusiastic scientist. He only believed in science and logic but after witnessing this world he had a second opinion. His final resort is the thing he opposed the most, magic" Seohyun explained again as she received the book from Changbin.

"Instead of using his logic in finding the solution, he believed in his parallel self and poof! He's gone" Changbin continued

Seohyun nodded. Everyone looked at them, slightly confused.

"I know this might not work but this is the only clue we got," Seohyun said.

Changbin nodded. Everyone gazed at each other. They nodded.

"What's the plan?" Chan asked

"It's time to meet 'us'" Seohyun replied

They discussed more of their plan. Each of them will start the search within their respective kingdoms. Seohyun needs to search in both Christark and Seortell. As they finished their meeting, the sky had turn red.

Hyunjin started to panic, remembering his father's warning if he goes back late again. Areum's face became as pale as she saw a ghost. They finally bid farewell to each other.

Seohyun watched everyone went into their respective doors. Minho and Yeona went to the door that connects to GreyLeeKnow while Hyunjin and Areum went to the door that connects to Targahyun.

As the doors were shut, Seohyun sighed. She studies the cover of the journal. She stares at the brown leather cover with faint writings on it.

'The Journal' it said on the cover.

"Are you ok?" Chan asked.

He had waited for Seohyun to come with him, back to Christark. Seeing Seohyun deep in thoughts had him worried.

"Nothing" Seohyun replied with a forced smile. She sighed once again.

"Everything is fine..." She mumbled.

Chan glanced at Changbin, asking him through his eyes. Changbin replied with raising his shoulders.

"I just had this feeling... A weird feeling every time I look or read this journal" Seohyun finally gave her thoughts.

"Are you not sure about this whole plan?" Chan asked again.

Seohyun looked at Chan and shook her head.

"I guess I'm sure about this," she said. She glanced back at the book, her forehead started to scrunch.

"Even though you said it, you still don't look sure," Changbin noticed her worried look.

"I don't know it's just...doesn't sit right with me....like there's something more that we don't know about," Seohyun said as she caressed the book.

"It's like something is missing..." She mumbled as she stares at the journal again.