S2: 7: What he loves

'He'll show what he usually do?' Areum thought.

What could it be? She kept pondering on all answers.

'Chess? Board games? Reading? Movies? Are there movies here?' Areum questioned.

A knock from the door interrupted Areum train of thoughts. She watched as the door open, revealing Jiwoo with a purple dress in her hands.

"Prince Hyunjin has requested for you to wear this for tonight," she said as she laid the beautiful dress on the bed.

Areum looked at the dress in awe. That was the dress she saw in the boutique. She touched the soft material and pinched herself. This was real.

"The prince requested your presence in the ballroom sharp nine," Jiwoo said and left Areum alone with her thoughts running around.

--------------

Her purple dress swayed every time she moves. She sat in the ballroom while her legs swings back and forth as she nervously waited for Hyunjin.

She sat in front of a large window where the moon shone brightly behind her. The ballroom was quite dark. In the middle of the ballroom, there was a mirror.

The door bursts open as a figure wearing a mask and royal attire enters the room. Areum stared at the figure as they slowly walked towards her. She stands up immediately, not trusting whoever that person is.

As they enter the light, she stared into their eyes. She knows immediately who was behind the mysterious mask. Slowly, the figure removed their mask revealing Hyunjin.

Areum sat down again. She watched as Hyunjin walked slowly towards the mirror while pulling out a white ribbon. He tied his hair and stared at his reflection.

All of a sudden, music started playing in the ballroom. Hyunjin started to dance to the beat. He gracefully yet powerfully dance to the song.

Areum was entranced by his graceful movement. She gasped a little as he throws away his white cape. As the song goes on he showed her another side of him he hasn't shown to anyone. A side of him who enjoys dancing and expressing himself through dancing.

When the song finished and he stopped dancing. He walked towards Areum. He extended his hand to her, asking her for a dance. She inhaled deeply as she slowly accept his offer. Her hand in his.

"Before that, button up your shirt please," she said as she looked away from him. He chuckled a little.

"Would you help me then?" He asked teasingly

Areum swears she felt like her heart was about to bursts out of her chest. She quickly let go of his hand to let him do it for himself. Hyunjin buttons his shirt while chuckling again while Areum kept looking down in embarrassment.

After he finished, he offered his hand again. Areum looked at Hyunjin and gladly accept the offer.

"But I'm not a good dancer...I mean I can dance but not dance dance like you-" Areum was cut off as she starts to hesitate.

"We're going to dance something easy. Just follow me" Hyunjin reassured while leading her in the middle of the ballroom.

Lights started to flood in the room, giving it a more lively and elegant atmosphere. At the end of the room, there was a set of instruments laying there, waiting to be played. Areum looked around the gorgeous ballroom, she was stunned at how beautiful it was.

"Shall we?" Hyunjin asked

Areum turned to look at him. She nodded softly and the music started to play. She turned to see the instruments were floating and playing by themselves. Hyunjin called her again and told her to keep her eyes on him.

Slowly, Hyunjin leads the dance while telling Areum how to dance to the song. She knew instantly they were waltzing. She had some basics before, so she easily catches up.

They waltz together in the ballroom, having fun along the way, as Areum almost tripped on the cape Hyunjin had thrown earlier. They were laughing and dancing. It was a magical moment.

From afar, two pairs of eyes watching them. The king smiled in relief seeing his son laughing and smiling more cheerfully.

"She wasn't an imposter...she really is a blessing," the king said happily.

Jiwoo who was standing beside him nodded. Though, she didn't seem to be focus on what the king said.

"Your Majesty there is something I must tell you," she said as she turns towards him.

The king was starting to breathe slower and soon collapsed to the ground. The music immediately stop when they heard Jiwoo calling for the King to wake up.

Hyunjin and Areum run towards them. The king was unconscious with blue spots covering his face and hands. Hyunjin stared at his beloved father. Something inside of him broke and Areum could see that.