Chapter 9

*BOOM*

Dodging Purifier's shot, Courier landed the first hit with his slug. 

Edinburgh: Yes...!

However, Purifier jumped, clearing the smoke as everyone look to see that she was fine. 

Purifier: Okay, now it's fun! But too bad, gotta go! I'll be waiting for you on the final stage!

Charging her cannons, Purifier fires upon the Siren ships, confusing the Azur Lane fleet.

Sheffield: She's hitting her own ships, too...?

Purifier then retreats into a portal along with the remaining Siren ships and aircraft. 

Courier: She got away... DAMMIT! 

Everyone let out a sigh of disappointment as the last Siren escape through the portal. 

Belfast: You are always here for us when we're in danger.

Courier: ...You take far too many risks for someone who considered himself a cursed ship.

Belfast: I feel as though I am protected by a knight in shining armor. 

Courier blushed from Belfast's comment.

Courier: Was it really necessary to comment that?

Sheffield sighs while Norfolk and Edinburgh giggle. 

Meanwhile

Kaga stands on top of the Orochi, staring at her mass-produced Siren fleet. Somewhere among the ships, Tester was talking with Observer. 

Tester: We've outrun the Sakura Empire fleet. That said, they seemed too confused to put up much of a fight. We're close. 

Observer: I have to say, it's quite a grandiose scheme. Battles need to be dramatic. They are the physical manifestations of will. It is will that drives them and gives them strength.  

Tester: The things you say are too sentimental and hard to understand. 

Purifier appears as she floats down to the two.

Purifier: They're just full of themselves, that's all.

Tester: Looks like someone took a beating.

Purifier: I'm not against a bit of rough play. 

Purifier gave the Black Cube to Observer as it begins to glow brightly. 

Observer: Let's begin. An encore of the past, or perhaps a calculation of the future.

The Black Cube glows even more brighter as it was absorbed by the Orochi. 

Purifier: Tick-tock, tick-tock. Rise and shine!

Pillar of fire appears in front of Kaga, causing her to raise her arms to block the flames. As the flames died down, Kaga saw... Akagi. 

Kaga: Dear sister...?

Tears begin to form in Kaga's eyes when she sees her sister again.

Kaga: Akagi... Dear sister Akagi!

Kaga runs up and tightly hugs her sister.

Kaga: You're alive!

Akagi: Yes. This is what the gods intend.

The sisters let go of each other. Akagi then looks at the Orochi.

Akagi: Look, Kaga... This is the power of Orochi- the power we desire.