Chapter 16

Dreamscape

Once again, Courier found himself in the same dream world from his previous night as he was met by his alter-self.

Horseman: So the truth reveals itself. How do you feel?

Courier: Like a knife stabbed my gut.

Horseman: You know it's going to happen. Finding out that the Royal Navy is using Iris Libre like puppets.

Courier: What the hell you want this time?

Horseman: That you have to face the Royal Navy anytime soon. It's too late to change fate now. 

Courier: Can't there be a peaceful way to handle this without violence?  

Horseman: Actions speak louder than words. You know this Courier, and I swear to god don't you forget what happened after your war, your supposed last fight.

Courier: ....

Horseman: Don't you remember? The time at the Balkans?

Courier: ....

Horseman: The day where you, Oceanic, and Pioneer were sent to handle a uproar? 

Courier: Shut up...

Horseman: The day where the nukes fell, right as Pioneer shot you in the back.

Courier: SHUT UP!!!!

Courier rushes forward as he attempts to punch his alter-self only for him to shatter into glass.

Horseman: Looks like our time is up. We'll meet again. Also, history is going to repeat itself soon.

The dream world begins to crack as Courier felt himself waking up.

Reality 

Location: Sakura Empire Base, Guestroom 

Elda: WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING IN OUR ROOM?!?! AND WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING TO COURIER?!?!

Courier woke up to the screams of admiral Elda as he felt something on his arm. He looks to see Atago looking at him with lust.  

Atago: Ara~ Do you like what big sister is showing you?

Courier: ...

Atago: Oh, you're so cute that I want to hug you forever~

Courier: !

Atago hugs Courier tighter, causing him to suffocate as admiral Elda attempts to pull Atago away from Courier.

Elda: GODDAMMIT! Let Courier go!

Atago: Ara~ Is the commander of Azur Lane jealous of having Courier for herself?

Elda: W-What?! N-NO!!!

Suddenly, the door slams open, revealing Takao. 

Takao: ATAGO!!! WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO OUR GUEST?!?!

Atago: What? He's just so cute that big sister has to hug him. Oh, do you want to join the hug, too, Takao?

Takao grabs her sheathed katana and bonks it on her sister's head. Once bonked, Atago holds her head in pain. 

Atago: Why did you do that?

Takao: You were choking Courier with your hug. 

Free from the hug, Courier breathes heavily before thanking Takao.