Chapter 1

Location: Unknown

Slowly opening his eyes, Courier found himself in the middle of nowhere.

Courier: Where am I?

Courier then looks at himself to find out that he's younger. Not only that, his clothing is repaired and his scars disappear.

Courier: I'm... young... again? 

Courier then felt something land on his shoulder. Looking to his right, he saw his pet Hoodini, but younger.

Courier: Same goes for you too, eh?

Suddenly, Courier felt someone staring at him. Turning around, he saw a hooded figure.

???: Hello there.

Courier: Who are you?

Courier questions as he gets up.

???: Oh, me? Well, I go by many names but you can call me Author. 

Courier: .....Huh?

Author: You hear me, I'm Author.

Courier: Okay? But that doesn't answer why I'm here.

Author: Then check this out.

A large screen suddenly appears out of nowhere and begins to play a video.

-----------------

"War. Yes, war never changes, in any era. The age of discovery. Humanity set sail into the oceans with adventure in their hearts. But soon, those hearts were filled with a different desire, to conquer the seas."

...

"However, the true enemy appeared from outside the world."

The video then shows a group of futuristic ships and pale female figures.

Upon seeing the image, Courier has a look of shock as he clenches his fist.

Courier: Tritons...

Author: Well yes, but actually no.

Courier: ...What? But their appearance are similar to that of-

Author: I understand what you're saying, but the enemy you face in your world are actually related to that of the Sirens.

Courier: I... don't understand?

Author: Then let's continue shall we?

Courier nod as the two continue watching.

"The Sirens"

Courier: Is it true? The enemy I-we face were actually Sirens the entire time?

Author: The evidence is showing itself. Do you think it's true ore not? 

Courier: .....

"With their vastly superior technologies, the Sirens easily pushed humanity out of the oceans. There was no longer any place in the seas for mankind. To counter this unprecedented threat, humanity organized a global alliance named Azur Lane."

Courier: That's the name?

Author: Yep, and pay attention. They'll go over the faction which represents the countries.

"Together, they fought valiantly against the Sirens. Central to the formation of this grand alliance were the four major camps--"

Eagle Union