Chapter 24

Location: Sakura Empire base

Currently, Nagato was waiting for Mikasa and the others to come, so she can tell them the orders of stopping Orochi mk2 until the main reinforcement arrive to destroy it. It didn't take long for Mikasa and the others to arrive. 

Mikasa: We came as fast as we could, lady Nagato. Everyone you called is present.

Nagato looks to see that Mikasa has bought with her Takao, Atago, Maya, Choukai, Zuikaku, Shoukaku, Hiryuu, Souryuu, Yuudachi, Shigure, Yukikaze and Ayanami.

Nagato : Thank you, Mikasa. Now, let me explain the situation. As you might know, Akagi has continued the construction of the Orochi mk2. The explosion that occurred was caused by its awakening. She has gone rogue and she'll try to destroy the base of Azur Lane and possibly our base as well as Iron Blood. Your mission is to pursue Orochi and try to damage it as much as possible while trying to not sink Akagi.

Hiryuu: So just like last time huh?

Nagato: Not exactly this is an upgraded Orochi we're talking about. It's a possibility it'll be different from its previous version.

Souryuu: I don't want to be rude, but how do you expect us to damage it when we are only a small group?

Nagato: You don't have to worry about that. I contacted Iron Blood who said they'll send reinforcements as well. I also contacted Azur Lane with Bismarck to see if we can have a truce and they accepted, so Queen Elizabeth is going to meet both of us.

Takao: Do you know who Iron Blood sent as reinforcements?

Nagato: Hai. Bismarck sent Prinz Eugen, Admiral Hipper, Z1, Z23, Graf Zeppelin, Scharnhorst and Gneisenau for now. For Azur Lane, I don't who they sent, so you have to see for yourselves, but don't attack them, focus on damaging the Orochi mk2 and kill the eventual Sirens that may accompany them.

Zuikaku: Very well.

Nagato: Now, Mikasa. Can I ask you to be the flagship representing the Sakura Empire until I come back with the reinforcements? As a veteran shipgirl, you have the experience to lead them, so will you accept the position?

Mikasa: I accept. I shall lead them to the best of my abilities.

Mikasa bows as Nagato smiles.

Nagato: Thank you, Mikasa. That shall be all. You are dismissed.

Everyone nodded and leave while Nagato prepares herself to meet Bismarck and Queen Elizabeth for the truce. 

Meanwhile with a Iron Blood fleet

Somewhere in Midway, Z23 and her group were in pursuit of the Orochi mk2. 

Scharnhorst: Z23, do you have any intel about the reinforcements that Sakura Empire will sent?

Z23: From what I've read, Nagato has sent the Takao-class Heavy Cruisers, the 2nd and 5th Aircraft Carrier Divisions, as well as Ayanami, Yuudachi, Shigure, and Yukikaze with Mikasa leading them.