Chapter 23

10 minutes earlier

Location: Sakura Empire base, secret cave

Kaga was secretly spying on her sister Akagi who was almost done with construction of the Orochi mk2. For the finishing touch, Akagi pulls out the Black Mental Cube and slowly inserts it into the ship.

Kaga: NEE-SAN NO-!

However, it was too late as the cave was lit up with a bright white light followed by an explosion. 

Meanwhile at Iris Republic HQ

Courier watch as everyone enjoys the sweets that Dunkerque made. But in a sudden turn of events, Horseman and Seraph revealed themselves a few days ago to everyone. Needless to say, they were shocked and surprised by their presence.  

Horseman was given mixed feelings from both the French shipgirls and admiral Elda. For Seraph, however, it was harder for him due to his appearance being almost similar to a Siren, he had to work his way to gain the trust of everyone.

Soon after, everyone were enjoying the sweets with some tea. Courier was sipping some tea until he received a ping from his tablet. Pulling out his tablet, Courier looks at and his eyes widen. 

This didn't go unnoticed by the others that were curious.

Elda: Is something wrong, honey? 

Courier: Yeah, I got some intel from my UAV that was flying over Sakura Empire.

Jean Bart: What is it then?

Courier: It's the Orochi.... It has return. 

Everyone except for Horseman and Seraph, were shocked by the news. 

Le Terrible: What are we gonna do?

Le Triomphant: Are we gonna destroy it?

Courier: Of course, after all. I had faced it previously and in my world.

Horseman: Don't forget that you still have to reunite both Azur Lane and Crimson Axis. 

Courier: [sigh] And here I thought I did it already. 

La Galisonnière: Hold on now, after what the Royal Navy and Iron Blood did to us? 

Elda: Think about it will you? If both Azur Lane and Crimson Axis remained divided, the Sirens will have a easy time picking us off. Holding a grudge wouldn't get us any where. Instead, we have to move on. "Don't blame the son for the sins of the father." We'll all be together in the end for the better future.

Courier: Heh, when you put it that way, it reminds me of my faction the UN. 

Emile Bertin: UN? 

Courier: It stands for United Nations. Their goal is to fight the peace. It is an union of numerous countries from all around the world that strive together for a better future.

Richelieu: Back to what we were saying, I think admiral Elda is right. We strive to become better in any aspect. This is no different. And because we have managed to become united again, we have to show to both sides that they should do the same.

Jean Bart: I was about to disagree until I remembered our situation before you came, mon amour. The grudges will only slow us down. So, we have to forget them in order to become stronger and better.

L'Opiniâtre: So, what shall we do? How are we going to fight the Orochi, Courier?

Courier: As far as I know, Azur Lane will most likely prepare themselves to fight Orochi due to the fact they faced it before. The Crimson Axis would probably do the same as well. However, due to the fact, this is an upgraded version of the Orochi, then the battle will be different from the previous one. But don't let this discourage you. We're not doing this for ourselves, but for humanity. I won't hold a grudge against you if you don't want to come.