Sneak Peek: A Lonesome End

"Only the dead have seen the end of war"-Plato

In the broken remains of a ship, a gravelly wounded Courier was laying on the ground, groaning and coughing blood. He was barely crawling away with his remaining right arm as he looks up to see two people staring at him .

Puppeteer: I did it, my lord! I brought your son's killer before you!

Aldrich: Good work Puppeteer. Now... bring me the weapon that murdered my son.

Puppeteer: Yes, my lord! 

Puppeteer ran and quickly came back with the almost broken Chaperone and presents it to the Emperor. 

Puppeteer: Here it is, my lord!

Aldrich: To think a piece of junk can take out my empowered son.  

Aldrich comments with disgust as he picks the Chaperone, checking it to see it has one bullet left. Right as Courier coughs. 

Courier: Well, this - this is awkward. I- Y-You got a gun I can borrow?

Courier strangely requested as he coughs out more blood.

Aldrich: No. But I do have a bullet. With your name on it.

Courier angrily groans as he sees Aldrich waving his gun.

Courier: Any second now, my wives and friends are gonna roll in here and kill... Every. Last. One of you!

Courier threatens before coughing more as he continues. 

Courier: And you, bastard of a-

Courier didn't get to finish his sentence as he coughs even more blood. While Aldrich raises his finger to quiet him.

Aldrich: Shh, shh, shh, shh, shh... This is going to hurt... A lot...

Aldrich stated, aiming the Chaperone directly at Courier's heart.

Aldrich: Any last words?

Coughing, Courier lets out one last groan before looking directly into the Emperor's eyes.

Courier: How's your SON?

Hearing this, Aldrich closes his eyes, feeling the anger boiling up inside of him as he tightens his grip on Chaperone before slowly inhaling. 

Seeing that his fate is sealed, Courier closes his eyes, waiting for his inevitable death.

*BANG*