Chapter 14

Dreamscape

Upon opening his eyes, Courier once again found himself in dark place. He sighed, knowing what's going on.

Horseman: So we meet again.

Turning around, Courier saw his alter-self sitting on a broken throne with a bored expression on his face. 

Courier: What the hell you want?

Horseman: To remind you.

Courier: Remind me what?

Horseman: Do you remember the warning I gave you?

Courier: That I'll fight those present at the Azur Lane base?

Horseman: Seem like you remember. Listen that warning will become true the closer you learn about the French.

Courier: What?! What can I can do to stop it?

Horseman: I'm afraid it's too late. The truth is set in motion.

Courier: Shit... What can I do now?

Horseman: The best thing to do for now is to bring the Iris Libre and Vichya Dominion together to reform the Iris Orthodoxy. It might be difficult, but I know you're known for overcoming challenges.

Courier: I see... Until we see each other again.

Horseman: Yeah, until next time.

Everything became a blur as Courier felt himself waking up. 

Reality 

Elda: Hey, you alright? 

Waking up, the first Courier saw is admiral Elda's worried face.

Courier: Yes, I'm alright. Why you ask?

Elda: Because you were muttering in your sleep. Something about your friend and going to hell and back. You were also crying.

Courier: Crying?

Putting a hand to his cheeks, Courier does indeed found out that his cheeks were wet from the crying Elda proclaim. 

The door to the guest room then opens, revealing a shipgirl Courier and Elda never saw.

???: It's time to wake up! Oh, neverminded, you're both already awake.

Elda: Oh, hello.

Courier: Who are you anyway?

???: I am Emile Bertin of the Free Iris! I was primarily responsible for laying mines

???: I am Emile Bertin of the Free Iris! I was primarily responsible for laying mines... and guiding destroyers. Richelieu sent me here to wake you two up and to tell you to be ready for 8:30 A.M to leave for Azur Lane.