Valentine Special ❤

Before the events of Chapter 38 

Valentines wasn't something Courier usually care about back in his day. Eventually when death is always around the corner for the opportunity. It was strange to him. 'Why show your love to someone when they'll unexpectedly die the next day?' Courier said to himself when he was peer pressure to find a mate by his friends... jokingly. It didn't help the fact that his closet friend was killed upon bringing up the lady he met back at his former base. Just the thought of it made Courier shiver. 

But this time it was different, his official first time of celebrating Valentines nonetheless with the shipgirls that were present on base. Strangely enough, as Courier passes by, he notices the amount of Iron Blood decorations hanged up next to the Valentine's decorations. 

Javelin: Courier-san! 

Hearing his name, Courier turns to see Javelin along with Laffey, Z23, and Ayanami.

Courier: Oh, it's you four. What is it?

Javelin: We were wondering if you're going to celebrate your first-ever Valentines. 

Courier: ....To be honest. I'm not sure... The concept of Valentines seems strange to me.

Courier answers, a look of discourage on his face until he remembers something.

Courier: Speaking of which. What's with the Iron Blood decorations? I understand that it's Valentines, but what is it with that?

Z23: You didn't know? It's also Bismarck's birthday.

Hearing this, Courier was surprised a bit.

Courier: It is? Hmm, maybe that's why Tirpitz told me to have a suit prepared.

Z23: Hold on, Tirpitz told you?

Courier: About Bismarck's birthday? No. And well... I may not have a suit ready at the moment.

Courier whispers the last part of his sentence, hoping that the four didn't heard him. Unfortunately for him, they did. 

The four destroyers look at each other and nodded.

Ayanami: You can't waste your time like this.

Javelin: That's right! You must strike when the time is right!

Courier: What are you exactly saying?

Javelin: Changing into a suit is not enough! First, you'll need a gift to satisfy Bismarck!

Courier: .....What?

Javelin: LAFFEY-CHAN! 

Laffey: I got this.

Suddenly, Laffey appears next to Courier and grabs him by his right arm and starts dragging him, surprising the carrier.

Courier: Wait! Hold on!

Before Courier could protest, Z23 came up and grasp his right hand.

Z23: It's okay, Courier-san. Trust us.

Courier couldn't do anything, but look at pleasing looks of the four starters.

------------

Courier: Well, how do I look?

Standing before the four starters, Courier was in completely different clothing. With the help of Commander Elda and Royal Navy maids, they manage to find one that fitted him perfectly. A navy blue trendy vine embroidered patchwork button-down lapel collar long sleeve slim fitted swallow-tailed tuxedo.