Chapter 18

Location: meeting room, Vichya Dominion

In a meeting room, every member of Vichya Dominion gathered to hear what information Jean Bart has.

Jean Bart: Thank you everyone for coming as soon as possible. The news I have for you are pretty grim, concerning what we saw at Sakura Empire.

Le Malin: By the way, where's Courier and the admiral?

Jean Bart: They went to our border that shares with the Sardegnia Empire to investigate a mysterious signal they received. 

Dunkerque: So what is the Sakura Empire doing that you need to have an emergency meeting?

Jean Bart: I won't beat around the bush. But Akagi is working directly with the Sirens.

Everyone gasped, shocked by the information. 

La Galissonniere: You're joking, right?

Jean Bart: Sadly, La Galisonnière, this isn't a joke. Ironblood is also helping the Sirens as well.

Le Mars: What are they doing ?

Jean Bart: From what Courier told me, the initial goal of Akagi and Kaga before was to resurrect their older sister, Amagi. The Sirens saw that and decided to make a deal where they will resurrect Amagi for them if they build a huge ship dubbed Project Orochi before he intervein. Now, Akagi's attempting another attempt.

Algérie: Are they really working with the Sirens?

Jean Bart: Yes, we saw Akagi talked with Observer Alpha. We left soon afterward. And Courier was pretty mad.

La Galisonnière: How mad was he?

Jean Bart: Enough to slap Kaga and tell her how much she failed as a sister and frighten everyone, including Nagato herself. 

Le Malin: So what shall we do now?

Jean Bart: This is where I want your opinion on the matter. I don't want to be involved anymore in Crimson Axis's plans, especially if it's to work with the Sirens. So, should we continue to work alone, or shall we go back to Iris Libre and propose a truce to work together like old times?

Upon hearing Jean Bart's opinion, everyone started thinking on the matter because this is a big choice that could cause consequences. After several minutes, Dunkerque gave her opinion first.

Dunkerque: Honestly, I want to go back to Iris Libre because I can't stand Ironblood's control over us anymore. We can't do anything in this state, but if we go back to Iris Libre, we might stand a chance.

Gascogne: Opinion: Best course of action possible is to go back to Iris Libre. Crimson Axis objectives are contradicting our main objective, which is to kill the Sirens.