Chapter 17

Location: Iris Libre base

Somewhere in Iris Libre, a bored Richelieu was doing some paperwork. She sighed, looking at the pile of paperwork she had completed before the phone rang. She answers it, wondering who it is.

Richelieu: Bonjour, this is Richelieu. Who am I talking to?

Elda: Hello, Richelieu. How's it going?

Richelieu: Oh, it's you admiral Elda. It's been a while and I'm doing great. How was your visit to the Sakura Empire.

Elda: [sigh] Everything was fine until we discovered a dark secret.

This caught Richelieu's attention as she turns serious. 

Richelieu: Can I ask you what it is?

Elda: Despite Azur Lane and Courier's effort. Ironblood and a shipgirl from Sakura Empire are still working with the Sirens.

Richelieu: From what you said, it seems there's more.

Elda: Yeah, from what Courier told me. They're trying to create a new version of Project Orochi as a trick to revive Amagi.

Richelieu: Those are some grim news. What about Jean Bart?

Elda: After what she witnessed, she's doubting about what to do next. For now, she will be on low profile with the rest of Vichiya Doninion until they know what to do next.

Richelieu: Très bien. Are you going back to Azur Lane right now?

Elda: Unfortunately, no, Courier has received a mysterious signal, and we're on our way to investigate it.

Richelieu: Do you need help with that ?

Elda: No, that wouldn't be necessary. Also, it's somewhere near the borders between Iris Orthodoxy and Sardegnia Empire. Too much people could bring their attention and could start a conflict if things go south. Which we don't need at the moment.

Richelieu: Bonne chance, then.

Elda: Goodbye, Richelieu.

The call then ends as Richelieu process what admiral Elda told her. Suddenly, the door opens, revealing Saint Louis with more... paperwork.

Saint Louis: Here is the paper work.

Richelieu: Merci. Could you call everyone for an emergency meeting?

Saint Louis: Is there a reason why?

Richelieu: Oui, admiral Elda gave some important information concerning Crimson Axis. And about a new Project Orochi.

Saint Louis's eyes widen by the news.

Saint Louis: And what about Vichiya Dominion?

Richelieu: Jean Bart has most likely called them back to brief what happened at Crimson Axis since she saw what admiral Elda and Courier saw.

Saint Louis: Très bien. I will tell everyone right away.

As soon as Saint Louis left, Richelieu stood up and left the room to prepare herself for the meeting.

Meanwhile with Jean Bart

After Jean Bart split paths with Courier, she called every Vichiya Dominion shipgirl to their base to enlighten them about what happened at Sakura Empire as well as their next course of action. As she arrives at the harbor, she saw Dunkerque and Algerie waiting for her.