Chapter 38: One Last Delivery

"War is neither glamorous nor attractive. It is monstrous. Its very nature is one of tragedy and suffering." -The Dalai Lama

Location: Azur Lane Cafeteria, Morning

It was morning after the day of party. Currently, Courier was in the cafeteria, eating with his wives and Advisor-class Sirens since they're the first to be awake.

Elda: So... did you enjoy enjoyed the party last night?

Admiral Elda asks, getting multiple "yes" from her shipgirls along with the Sirens.

Tester Beta: I got so much data from this evening. This will greatly help our research concerning the future peace with humanity.

Omitter: What happened to Ironblood and the Northern Parliament last night? They looked wasted as fuck.

Courier: They challenged Horseman in a drinking contest, and well... the rest is history. 

Texas: Yup, damn bastard down at least 69 cups of hard liquor! And he still stands after that!?

Habakkuk: T-That doesn't sound good at all... 

Observer Zero: How he didn't went into a blackout because of how much alcohol he consumed amuses me.

Courier: That's because he told me that his body has developed the ability to ferment it from his own bone marrow in times where he can't get access to anything to drink.

Omitter: ....HOW THE FUCK DOES THAT WORK?!

Courier: Beats me. 

Courier replies, resuming to eating his bacon. 

Elda: And what about Seraph? Your thoughts? 

Littorio: He seems like a very good boy. Such a shame that he's related the to enemy we have to face today.

Tester Beta: Agree, he seems way too nice to be a Triton.

Omitter: Oh boy! I wonder what nickname I shall give him to annoy him! 

Purifier: Yeah! 

While everyone else continues talking. Courier remains silent, nearly finishing his breakfast which admiral Elda. 

Elda: Honey, are you alright? You have been quiet lately.

Courier: Huh? Oh... it just... [sigh] I was thinking about what's going to happen today....

Enterprise: About what dear?

Courier: .......That something bad is goin-

However, Courier was cutoff by the sound of the alarm.

"🚨ALERT!!! A EMERGENCY MEETING HAS BEEN CALLED TO THE COMMAND ROOM! REPORT IMMEDIATELY! I REPEAT! EVERYONE REPORT TO THE COMMAND ROOM IMMEDIATELY!!!"

Alerted, everyone in the cafeteria quickly got up and rush towards the Command Room.

Habakkuk: W-What's going on?

Elda: I don't know, but we have to wait and see at the Command Room.

Everyone: Right!

After a few minutes, everyone from every faction were present in the Command Room, wondering what the emergency was about.

Elda: So who's the one that pressed the emergency button?