♡ such an angel || kim junkyu

✩ SUCH AN ANGEL ✩

Your parents started a new company abroad and had to go stay there for a few months until everything was running smoothly. Tired of shifting countries every few months, you persuaded your parents into letting you stay with your grandparents in South Korea.

After much convincing, you were already settled in with your grandparents - with your parents safely in Japan, running their new company. You missed them for sure, but it was better than shifting schools every so often and messing up your grades and friends circle.

It was your first day at your new school in your grandparent's neighbourhood. It wasn't that highly-reputed or large, but you liked it just like that.

Entering the school, you picked up your schedule and left your things in an empty seat in the classroom before going to the washroom. In the washroom, you fixed your skirt that kept riling up and showing more skin than you'd like.

You walk out of the washroom after fixing your uniform and hair, rushing to the classroom before the first bell rang. Sitting on your seat, you wondered what kind of a person would sit next to you.

Was it a girl or a boy? Were they cool or not? Were they going to be nice to you or not?

As the questions flooded your mind one after the other, you didn't notice someone come and place their bag on the chair next to yours. Were they your desk-mate? You frowned, looking at the desk. There were no name labels on the desks, claiming a seat. Were they a new student too?

This time you got a good look at who was sitting next to you, and suddenly, you didn't want to question them about their presence next to you.

A tall, brown-haired boy with good body proportions walked up to a desk and removed a name label from it. You couldn't help but shamelessly stare as his back turned to you, giving you a great view of his wide shoulders that was more prominent due to the blazer he wore. Even until he came to the desk beside yours and stuck the label on it, you were in a daze.

"Hi," he greeted, placing his hands on the table and leaning against it as he stood, "I am your desk-buddy, Kim Junkyu."

"But your name label wasn't here when I came. How ..." You trailed off, looking at the handsome boy for an answer.

He smiled cheekily before removing his hands from the desk, revealing his name label – the one he took off his actual seat and stuck on the empty one next to you. "I am your desk-mate now," he stated, smiling habitually before taking a seat next to you.

You couldn't believe your eyes or ears. Why would someone take off their name label to sit next to me? But you couldn't be bothered greatly about it. You just waved it off by convincing yourself that Kim Junkyu didn't have a nice seat-mate and needed a change.

"You know," Junkyu started, turning to look at you, "you never told me your name." He pouted, causing you to scrunch your nose in confusion.

"I am Y/N, nice to meet you," you unsurely spoke, meeting his gaze before looking forward, shaking your head to yourself.

School started as the first bell rang, signalling students that it was the start of another torturous spree of lessons. When the first period began, you went through your schedule, seeing that it was English. Sighing in relief because it was a subject you were good at; you took out your books as the teacher walked in.

Within the first period itself, you had come to learn that Junkyu was a prefect, explaining why he wore a blazer. Despite being your desk-mate, he didn't trouble you much and you almost forgot he was sitting next to you.

Well, that was until your fidgety movements kept riling your skirt up.

You weren't a person who could sit still for a long time and with your movements, your skirt kept moving upwards, which caused you to keep shifting it down as you were constantly reminded that Junkyu was sitting next to you.

It wasn't long before he found out that something was wrong, and the way you kept wriggling in your seat and holding your skirt in place, he quickly realised what was up.

The brunet took off his blazer and held it out, quietly calling you. "Y/N, here, take my blazer," he muttered, nodding towards your skirt when you confusedly looked at him.

"Oh, my," you exhaled, relieved that you were given a solution to your problem, "thank you so much. You are such an angel," you stated, smiling brightly at Junkyu as you were truly happy to stop worrying about your skirt and focus on the class.

"No problem." Junkyu turned away before you could see his reddening cheeks, but you were too engrossed in your lesson now, so that was good for him.

Good job, Junkyu.