♡ cuddles and tea || so junghwan

CUDDLES AND TEA 

"Rain, rain ... go away ... come again another day."

You sang to yourself, sitting near your window, having it slightly opened as you enjoyed the droplets of rain falling.

Rain fell like the sky's music; each drop was a note that didn't sound great when heard on its own, but together along with the rest of the droplets, they created a song that put a smile on your face.

Admiring the rain came to a stop when you heard rapid knocks on your door, pulling you out of your daze. You thought little, walking to the door and opening it, surprised to see your boyfriend standing in front of you, completely drenched from the rain and out of breath.

"Junghwan!" You marveled, awakening the 'mom-mode' in you as you quickly dragged him inside, not even giving him time to explain as you ran around. "What were you thinking? Actually, don't answer, just quickly change out of that." Your lips were pursed into a pout as you handed him clothes he had left from the last time he visited.

The male simply nodded, his usual bright smile on his face as he rushed inside the bathroom, changing out of his rain-soaked clothes. You waited in the living room, eyeing the bag he had brought with him, wondering what your boyfriend was doing out in the rain.

"All done!" Junghwan exclaimed as he walked out of the bathroom, wearing the dry clothes you had given him. "You look like a cute angry bird, Y/N. Stop pouting so much," he stated, causing you to roll your eyes.

"Come here." You gestured, pulling your boyfriend to sit with you as you took the towel beside you, helping to dry his hair. "I'm the only cute angry bird who's gonna be concerned about you, so deal with it," you grumbled under your breath, getting a chuckle out of Junghwan.

He pulled away from you, quickly reaching out for the bag he kept on the table before sitting next to you. "I remembered you like to eat ice-cream when it rains, and I was out anyway, so I got you some," he explained, putting a smile on your face as he spoke. "Which one do you want?"

"I'm not eating them now. Not after you've been in the rain." You shook your head. "I appreciate what you did, but right now, the options are coffee and tea. What's your pick?"

"Mm ... tea?"

"That's good because I don't have coffee."

The two of you burst into laughter as you walked to the kitchen, preparing the tea as you usually did. Junghwan followed you as you did the work, wrapping his arms around your waist from behind, waddling along whenever you moved.

After making the tea, you took your cup, sitting on the sofa as Junghwan mimicked your movements. You sat in silence, lost in your own world as you listened to pitter-patter of the raindrops, feeling at ease as you did.

Junghwan observed you from the side, a smile of adoration on his face. The way you seemed to disconnect from reality yet connect with it was something he noticed, not getting enough, no matter how long he stared.

If the rain was music to you, then the picture of you listening to the rain was art to Junghwan. It wouldn't make sense to you if you have never been in love, and maybe before this moment, it wouldn't have made sense to Junghwan either.

It had happened. So Junghwan had fallen in love. And you didn't know, because you were doing the bare minimum and he had the comet of realization crash on him.

You turned towards your boyfriend, oblivious to the thoughts that were running in his head. "I still can't believe you ran in the rain because you remembered I liked having ice-cream when it rains." You giggled to yourself, grinning when Junghwan extended his arms, inviting you into his embrace. "I didn't think it would mean much."

The two of you cuddled on the sofa, partially enjoying the silence while the other half wondered how you two perfectly fit into the small space comfortably. Not much was thought when you didn't get an answer, because, to be frank, you didn't really ask a question. A few more moments were spent in silence before Junghwan spoke up, finally pulled out of his thoughts to share them.

"They mean something. They carry value."

"Hm? What are you talking about, Hwanie?"

"Your words," he answered, as if it was an obvious answer. "You are valuable to me, therefore, your words carry value too. I try to remember whatever you say because I know you do the same for me. All these little things mean a lot because they make who you are, and I want to remember them."

You bit your lip at his sudden confession, trying to wrap your head around his words. "You are a valuable person in my life, So Junghwan." You shifted in your position, turning to meet his gaze as your hands touched his face. "But am I really worthy of such a position in your life too?"

"You are, Y/N, because right now, in this moment, you are meant the most to me."