♡ heartbreak girl || kim junkyu

HEARTBREAK GIRL 

♫ inspired by 5 seconds of summer — heartbreak girl

"Don't worry, maybe he's just stressed from work. He can't hate you, Y/N. I mean, who can? You are just overthinking, okay? He still loves you, Y/N."

Junkyu lied through his teeth, talking to you on loudspeaker while he covered his face, regretting the choice he made.

You sniffled, lightly smiling at your best friend's words. "Thanks for being a friend, Kyu." You wiped the tears away from your face, taking a deep breath to calm yourself.

Those were the words that made Junkyu go in circles. He hummed, nodding even though you couldn't see him. "Always, Y/N. It's late, please go to sleep now, okay? Will you?" He looked at the time, pursing his lips as he saw 01:32 on the clock that was on his table.

"Yeah, I will. Thanks again, Junkyu. I'm sorry for keeping you up ... again." You sighed, feeling guilty for burdening him with your relationship problems.

Junkyu rubbed his eyes, trying to keep himself awake for a few more minutes. "Don't be sorry, Y/N. I'm always here if you wanna talk, okay? Good night, sleep well." He looked at his phone, knowing you were definitely going to cry yourself to sleep.

"Mhm. You too, sleep well. Good night, love you."

"Love you too."

The call ended and Junkyu sat straight on his bed, running his fingers through his hair in frustration. He turned to his door, furrowing his brows at Jihoon, who had been standing there the whole time, listening in on his conversation with you.

Jihoon walked into the room without an invitation, crossing his arms over his chest as he slightly glared at his roommate/best friend. "Why are you lying to Y/N? Why aren't you telling her the truth that she's so dense to see?!" He fumed, tired of hearing Junkyu constantly lie to you as you cried to him almost every night.

"Because I'm just a sucker for everything that she does, and I can't bear to see her being sad."

***

"I know you are hiding something from me, Kyu! Why can't you just tell me what it is?! Please ... just tell me."

Junkyu bit his tongue, enduring the punches you threw at him as you cried. The two of you met up to hang out because your boyfriend bailed on your date again, but it took a turn when Junkyu's overly jolly acting made you suspect something was up.

"Please, Junkyu. Why won't you speak to me? What's wrong?" You broke down on the sidewalk, too sad to care about the stares that were on you. "I know you know something, Kyu. Please tell me," you sobbed, hands on your knees as you sat on the ground.

Junkyu wanted to scream. He wanted to tell you everything, but he couldn't. How could he tell you that your boyfriend who bailed on your date, saying he had work, was at the same restaurant you two visited with another girl? How could he tell you that, knowing you'd break down even worse than how you were now?

This wasn't a first-time thing. In fact, it was almost two months since Junkyu had been seeing your boyfriend with the same girl — who wasn't you. He cursed his unfortunate soul, mad at himself for catching him exchange kisses and other skinship with the girl who wasn't you.

He wanted to tell you — but he didn't have the courage to do so.

"I'll tell you when the time is right, Y/N. Because right now, everything is frustrating, and you aren't ready. I'm not ready either," Junkyu cryptically answered, crouching down to meet your eyes, a sad expression on his face as he looked at you.