♡ nice to me || yoon jaehyuk

NICE TO ME 

"Are you sure you are alright? You don't look like it, Y/N."

Yoon Jaehyuk, your batchmate, kept bothering you as you walked around campus, trying to find the junior who took your reference notes.

"Then stop looking, Jaehyuk." You sighed, turning on your heel as you looked at him. "I'm really fine. Just a slight headache which is worsening because you are too loud. I promise I'm alright."

Jaehyuk stood in front of you, blocking your path. "Fine, fine. Just sit down here, so I am convinced," he pleaded, pouting slightly. "You have been working continuously these days. Just sit here, drink this and tell me what to do." He handed you a banana milk, watching until you were drinking it, so he was satisfied.

"Minjun from Art took my notes. Could you find him and get them back? I need them for my assignment." You mentioned the name and major, feeling bad since you didn't have a phone number. "I'm sorry to bother you, Jaehyuk."

"You aren't bothering me, idiot. I'm doing this at my own free will." He laughed, eyes crinkling as he patted your head, taking a bow as he jogged away from you, trying to find Minjun.

You are nice to me, Yoon Jaehyuk.

***

"Yah, what happened?! Minha said you didn't come for classes! You never miss classes!"

Yoon Jaehyuk yelled over the phone, concerned for your well-being as he walked into his lecture room, guilty about not being able to do anything for you.

"Jaehyuk-ah, I can hear you perfectly well. Stop screaming," you groaned, your head pounding at the loud voice — which was the first thing you heard as you woke up to his call. "It's nothing, really. I just overslept."

"Overslept, my foot! You didn't go to the doctors, didn't you?" The male nagged, not caring if his peers looked at him weirdly for yelling over the phone. "Y/N, you are sick. I thought I told you–" You were getting annoyed with every word he spoke, too sick and in pain to rationally function.

"Yoon Jaehyuk, just stop! Stop being so concerned about me, okay?! You don't care about me, and I am none of your concern. Shut up and leave me alone. Go back to your class now."

You ended the call without another word, letting out a breath as you sunk into your bed. Tossing and turning, you finally felt sleep take over you, glad you didn't have to feel sick for the next hour or so.

You are too nice to me, Yoon Jaehyuk.

***

"I should've gone to the hospital when Jaehyuk told me to."

You scolded yourself for the many things you deserved to be scolded for. With number one being shouting at Jaehyuk. You sat up in your bed, gathering all the strength you needed to get some medicine from a nearby pharmacy.

As you trudged along the path, your phone rang, and you looked at the contact, a slight smile making it onto your face as you saw Jaehyuk's name. He gave you five hours to cool off before he called you again. Since you felt bad, you answered the call, immediately hearing a sigh of relief from the other end.

"Oh, great, you answered." Jaehyuk giggled, and you smiled, kicking stones as you walked towards the pharmacy. "Are you at home now? How are you feeling?" He inquired as you searched for the painkillers you needed.

"Yep, at home," you lied, knowing he would scold you if he knew you were outside. "Slightly better. I'll just take some medicine and sleep some more. I'll come to class tomorrow, don't worry."

Jaehyuk hummed, staring at his feet as he sat on a bench outside your apartment. "I'm near your place, actually," he muttered, suddenly feeling shy. "Like, right outside."

"And?" You joked, paying for your medicine, silently thanking the person as you walked out of the pharmacy. "What about it?"

"Nothing, really. I always pass your place before I get to mine." Jaehyuk played it cool, unknowingly doing awkward poses as he sat on the bench. "I am waiting for Asahi to come. We go home together."

You stifled a laugh. "I didn't ask, but okay." You knew he was lying, since Asahi texted you in the morning saying he didn't go to the university that day. "Good for you."

"Are you really feeling better, Y/N?"

"I'm not, but I will be," you assured, walking out of the pharmacy and towards your apartment. "Ah, I lied, okay? I just came out to get some medicine, but I'm heading home now. I'm sorry too ... about this afternoon and everything." You fisted your hands as you confessed, letting out a breath.

Not getting the response from Jaehyuk, you held the phone away from you, tapping on it multiple times, only to realise your phone died. You thought little of it, guessing Jaehyuk would put two and two together and figure out what happened.

You were enjoying your stroll to your apartment, feeling the night breeze on you as you explored your neighborhood at night. It wasn't until an ambulance passed you were you startled. Like you always did, you gave a silent prayer to whomever was in trouble, hoping they'd be safe and out of harm.

Everything was fine until you remembered Jaehyuk. Yoon Jaehyuk, that over-thinking, dramatic idiot.

An unknown force took over you, following the ambulance sirens as you ran towards your apartment. Seeing the ambulance turn toward your building, you confirmed your suspicions, but still drove yourself to run faster.

By the time you got to your building, the ambulance doors were open, and the paramedics were missing, letting you know the damage was done. You quickly pushed away the congregation that gathered, forgetting your fever and aches as you ran up the stairs for a faster arrival.

You came just in time to see the paramedics break down your door into shreds. Jaehyuk's name left your lips in shock, repeating it as you looked between your broken door and your batchmate.

Keeping your emotions at bay, you and Jaehyuk politely spoke to the paramedics, apologising for Jaehyuk's hasty decision. You also apologised to your neighbors for the commotions — as well as your landlord, who was kind enough to immediately replace the door.

"I'll pay for the door. Please don't be mad," Jaehyuk spoke quickly, rubbing his hands together as he pleaded. "I just got too worried because I asked you if you were alright and you said you weren't and the call just ended. I really thought something bad happened to you."

Hearing his sincere words, you couldn't help but let the tears fall down your face, completely touched at overwhelmed in the moment. "No one has ever been this concerned for me, Jaehyuk. I'm sorry, I really am. I yelled at you, because I thought you were being fake — just like everyone else." You wiped away your tears, only for more to take their place. "But you aren't ... not at all. You really mean what you say, and I'm sorry for not seeing that."

Jaehyuk smiled, shaking his head as he assured you weren't at fault. "It's alright, Y/N. At least you realise now, yeah? I really care about you." He wrapped his arms around you, patting your back as you cried. "I'm just really glad you are not hurt. I don't know what I'd do then."

"I really don't have the words to describe you. You are really too nice to me, Yoon Jaehyuk."