♡ the black jacket biker || choi hyunsuk

✩ THE BLACK JACKET BIKER ✩

Working nights at the convenience store wasn't your favorite thing in the world, but when your boss told you about an urgent family matter, you were willing to take up the shift. After all, her family was more important than your dislike towards night shifts.

The part of the city you lived in wasn't that populated, so no one really came to the store after dark. Nevertheless, here you were, staring into space as you counted the number of tiles on the floor for the umpteenth time.

And then you heard it.

The loud revving of motorcycle engines interrupted the calm silence within the establishment, causing you to turn in the noise's direction, watching as multicolored bicycles sped through the narrow roads, coming to a stop just outside the convenience store you worked at.

Or rather, you saw the result of a terrible low side, a horrified expression on your face as you watched the biker lean too low to the ground, causing him to lose control of his bike.

The biker in the black jacket crashed against the lamppost in front of the store, his bike a few feet away from him. Just as you snapped out of your daze to check how he was, a couple more bikes surrounded the wounded biker, making you release a sigh of relief.

Oh, thank goodness. His friends are here.

Except they weren't his friends. Your eyes widened in shock as you watched the group of bikers kick the already wounded one, injuring him even more.

"Please stop," you muttered under your breath, feet planted to the ground behind the register, watching the scenes unfold before you. "Oh, no."

As if they heard you, the 'bad bikers' turned towards the store — and even with their helmets on, you could tell they were looking at you. Your hand patted the counter blindly as you maintained eye contact, trying to find your phone.

Upon seeing the 'leader of the bad bikers' tilt his head towards in your direction, you panicked, knowing his simple nod at you probably translated to 'kill them' or 'bring them to me'. Much to your fortune, the black jacket biker came to your aid, grabbing the collars of the goons who were about to enter the store and pulled them away.

"Lock the doors!" He called out, holding onto the handles from the outside as he blocked the entrance.

The fear had given you a sudden rush of adrenaline, and before you even knew it, you had taken the keys from the correct spot and locked the doors, hiding under the counters after you were somewhat sure of your safety.

You winced, a few tears escaping your eyes as you heard the groans and grunts as punches were thrown mercilessly — and though you couldn't see them, you could only assume the 'nice biker' was the one getting hit. All rational thoughts went past your brain, not even finding the courage to call the authorities because you were overthinking.

After a while of hiding under the counter with your hands blocking any noise, you took a deep breath, trying to listen to any signs of the fight. Absolute silence. Just as you tried dialing the emergency services with your blurry vision, you heard soft knocking on the store's door, startling you.

"They are gone ... you still here?" A voice called out, and you recognised it as the black jacket biker's voice, wondering how he sounded so nonchalant.

Should I pretend I'm not here? Like I escaped? The rational part of your brain spoke, but you were too compassionate for that. But he got beaten up while saving your ass. You shut your eyes tightly, taking a deep breath before you composed yourself and crawled out of your hiding spot.

"Oh, I can't do this," you mumbled to yourself, wincing as you saw patches of dirt and blood littered over the black jacket the male wore. He leant his back against the glass door of the store, unable to see you standing behind him. "Suck it up, Y/N."

Approaching the door, you crouched on the floor, trying to meet his gaze. You knocked on the glass, taking the male by surprise. "Oh? You didn't faint, huh? That's good," he spoke, only confusing you with the way he carried himself.

Not that you knew anything about how injured bikers were supposed to act — but you knew it certainly wasn't anything like this.

"You won't open the door?"

"No."

The blond male nodded to himself, groaning as he straightened his posture. "Fair enough," he grunted, feeling a wave of pain wash over him. "I'm Hyunsuk. Nice to meet you, given the circumstances."

You hesitated for a second, wondering why your heart skipped a beat at the way he looked at you. "I'm Y/N," you uttered softly, raising your brow when Hyunsuk kept staring. "What?"

"Nothing ... it's just you look like my next girlfriend."

"Hm?" Your eyes widened, surprised at his words. "Are you drunk or did you hit your head?" You found enough words to string into a sentence, even scoffing as you spoke.

Hyunsuk chuckled. "Not scared anymore, huh?" He shook his head, clutching onto his torso in pain. Weirdly enough, he felt relieved at the fact his clothes were black, glad you couldn't see exactly how much blood he was losing. "Y/N?"

He didn't know you, yet he felt a strange attraction.

"Yeah?" You leant your head closer to the glass, brows knitted in worry at the way the male's eyes kept drooping dangerously. "What is it?"

"I did you a favor by saving your life. I think it's time you return it by saving mine."