♡ you have me || watanabe haruto

YOU HAVE ME 

"You alright, Y/N?"

Haruto knew he wouldn't get a genuine answer, and watched as you forced a bright smile, looking at him and nodding.

"Of course, I am, Ruto." Her gaze darted towards her friends (or what used to be friends) before looking back at the male, holding his hand as you two walked to your class.

Ever since you started dating Haruto, your friend group pushed you away, not really letting you get involved in anything they did. At first you thought they maybe forgot to invite you to their hangout ... then it happened again ... and again ... and again.

At least they still talk to me, you convinced yourself, but soon enough, even that didn't happen. They would talk over you and whenever you spoke, they'd pretend to not hear you ... and if you weren't even there.

School was alright, except for the parts where you didn't really have someone to talk to during class. You usually shared everything with your best friends, but when they didn't talk to you, how could you?

Haruto knew he was the reason, and it disappointed him because you never accused him. It made him sad because you never pointed a finger at him. You'd always say it was probably because of a shortcoming on your end and never blamed Haruto.

He hated you were sad, especially since he couldn't do anything about it. He knew how your friends were, and he knew that speaking to them would result in them making your life even more miserable.

Just break up with me, Y/N. It's easier for you.

|<><><>|

"... and then we just have to ... excuse me." You looked at your phone that was ringing, pausing on explaining to Haruto about your home assignment. "It's Jiha." A smile came on your face as you showed the contact name to Haruto, finally happy your friend was calling you after a long time.

"Hello? Y/N?" Jiha unsurely spoke, but you were too elated to figure out her emotions. Your best friend was talking to you after three months and you were literally over the moon.

"Yeah, Jiha. What's up?"

"Look, Y/N, don't get me wrong, alright? They forced me to do this. The others wanted me to tell you to move your desk away from theirs, because you are right in the middle and it's blocking the others when they talk. I won't lie to you, Y/N. You know how everyone was fawning over Haruto when he came, so they are jealous that he asked you out. That's the reason they aren't talking to you anymore."

"I figured as much." Your voice was much quieter and Haruto turned to look at you, frowning when he saw the tears pooling in your eyes. "It's alright, Jiha. You can tell the others that I'll shift to the back."

Jiha sighed, feeling guilty as her once-best-friend was handling the situation well. "I was against everything, Y/N. But my dad works for Yuri's dad, so I'm scared for him. And I also feel bad for you too," she spoke, sniffing softly as the tears fell down her face, making you smile pitifully. "But we can always hang out after school when I'm not with them. You up for that?"

"It's alright, Jiha." Again those three words hit your friend hard as they weren't helping her cope with the situation. "Don't need to risk anything like that. We can just text from time to time, if you want."

"Oh, alright, Y/N. I guess I'll see you around. Bye, Y/N."

"Bye, Jiha."

You let out a sigh as you hung up, closing your eyes as you tried to get ahold of your emotions. Just get over it, Y/N. You felt all your hard work go down the drain when you felt Haruto wrap his arms around you, pulling your head towards his chest.

You burst into tears at his gesture, feeling your heart tighten as you realised they completely threw you out of your friend group. At least before you got to sit with them, if not anything, but now, you couldn't even do that.

"Just let it all out. I'm here for you, baby. No need to say anything," he mumbled as you buried your face into his shirt and cried. "You are really strong, and I admire you for handling this yourself, but you have to tell me if you are sad, okay, babe?"

You didn't know how long you cried, but having Haruto by your side made things slightly better. He held back tears of his own at the way you cried, and he only felt worse because he knew everything was because of him.

Still, you said nothing about it.

Feeling drowsy and tired from all the crying, you dozed off in Haruto's arms, and he sighed in content, relieved you had stopped crying. He ran his fingers through your hair for a while before lifting you and placing you on your bed.

Haruto sat next to you, patting your head as he gazed at you in adoration. Placing a small kiss on your forehead, he apologised before going back to doing his work.

"I am sorry you had to go through that because of me, Y/N. But they were idiots, anyway, because they let go of a precious friend like you. Their loss, honestly. You don't need them ... because you have me, okay?"