♡ maybe || hamada asahi

MAYBE 

"Do you want me to leave?"

You asked, swallowing the lump in your throat as you moved away from Asahi, clenching your fists.

"I ... I'm not saying that. It's just you are freaking clingy, and it's annoying me because I can only focus on you and nothing else!" Asahi sighed, running his fingers through his hair, looking away when he saw your bottom lip tremble.

"I'm sorry for being annoying," you apologized, not wanting the fight to escalate further than it already had gone. "I didn't think–"

Even though he knew his words would only hurt you further, Asahi couldn't stop the words from leaving his lips. "That's exactly the problem; you don't think. How am I supposed to focus on my work when–"

"I think that's enough." Mashiho walked into the room, taking ahold of your hand. "I understand you are stressed about work, Asahi, but I don't think you should talk to anyone like that," he stated, his voice low, signaling how serious he was.

Mashiho heard everything about your argument; all the way from how it started to when he stepped in. Asahi was just uselessly being pissy, and that was not enough of an excuse to shout at you — or anyone else for that matter.

The older male grabbed your hand, pulling out of the room before either of you could get another word in. Taking you to his room, Mashiho's heart broke when you cried, throwing yourself against his chest as you gripped on his shirt and cried.

"Don't cry over Asahi like that, Y/N. What he said was wrong, and he needs to know that."

Two days passed since you and Asahi had fought, and he made absolutely no efforts to apologise or correct whatever he did wrong. It hurt your heart deeply, but you sucked it in, not giving it away every time to come to hang out at the dorms.

Asahi thought it would blow over and almost jumped in joy when you came to the dorms with a huge smile on your face. But his heart fell to his feet when you walked passed him and held onto Mashiho's arm, talking excitedly about your day — something you did with Asahi.

Right in front of his eyes, Asahi saw you replace him with Mashiho in your life. Every little thing he thought was something you did with only him became something you did with Mashiho too. Deep inside, he knew Mashiho wouldn't steal away his partner, but he couldn't help but doubt himself.

Do I even deserve Y/N? I was nothing but rude, and Y/N always stayed by my side. Am I worthy of Y/N's love? Y/N looks happier with Mashiho ... should I just let go? These thoughts would constantly fill Asahi's head, doubting whether he deserved your love.

Five days passed in a flash, and you were feeling hopeless with each passing second. Mashiho could see how much faker your smiles got, and it was only so much you could handle — you were going to break and he could see it.

"Y/N, don't bottle up. Tell me what's on your mind," he advised, and in an instant, the tears fell down your cheeks like a dam had been opened. The older male wrapped his arms around you, patting your head lovingly as you cried.

You captured his eyes the day Asahi brought you over to the dorms to introduce to his members. You looked so small and adorable, which made Mashiho instantly want to protect you from all the harm in the world. You were like the sibling he never had, and he gave you so much of brotherly love — more than your actual brother did.

You always went to Mashiho whenever you had a problem, and he would always buy you a little something whenever he went out. The two of you were like the perfect sibling duo, so the thought of someone hurting you angered Mashiho.

He wanted you and Asahi to sort out your issues, but he knew he had to intervene when Asahi started speaking without a filter. He was stressed because they had to hand in songs for their comeback, and Asahi had been running his mouth like there was no tomorrow, not caring even if he was saying hurtful things to his members — a reason Haruto had gone back to his dorms instead of bunking with Asahi.

Mashiho didn't think Asahi would vent on you, and even if he did, he didn't think it would be a lot. But he was glad he intervened, because if he didn't, then you would be more broken than you were right now.

"Maybe Asahi doesn't love me anymore, Mashi," you spoke, pulling away from the hug as you wiped away your tears. "He's right, I am too clingy. And that's a perfectly good reason to fall out of love with me."

"I'm clingy and I'm annoying. Of course, he hates me." You didn't let Mashiho speak and just let out the thoughts that had been circulating in your mind for the past five days. "I should ... maybe I should break up with him. R-Right?" Mashiho sighed as he saw your face, shaking his head as he held your hands.

"If Asahi hates you just because you are clingy and annoying, then I don't think you two should've gotten together in the first place." His words were like a sword through your heart, and only more tears fell as you heard them. "But he really loves you, so you shouldn't make rash decisions like this."

"He loves me?"

"He said it was annoying when you were clingy because he couldn't focus on anything else but you. If I'm hearing right, that doesn't seem like a bad thing at all," Mashiho suggested, smiling as he saw you think over his words. "And besides, if you hate someone, wouldn't you just ignore them? No matter what they do?"

"I suppose so." You furrowed your brows, trying to understand what Mashiho was trying to convey. "But how am I supposed to stop being clingy? How do I become less annoying?"

"Don't ..." A new voice entered the room, and the two turned to see Asahi near the doorway, looking like an absolute mess. "... stop being clingy."

You gulped as you saw his face, startled at the living corpse who stood in front of you. Asahi's eyes were reddened, and his dark circles were more prominent than ever. His hair was completely messy, and his clothes were all crumpled and disorderly, making you question his state.

You. You were the one who put him in such a state. Asahi spent the last five days beating himself repeatedly for hurting you. Like you had thought about all those crazy things, Asahi thought the same. But thankfully, he passed by Mashiho's room just as you spoke, and he realised maybe he wasn't too late to apologise.

Maybe I don't have to break up with her. Maybe we can work things out. Maybe Y/N doesn't hate me.

"The last few days were a good time to reflect on myself. And I realised many things. I love you just the way you are, Y/N." Asahi gave a small smile, and you were already as soft as putty for him. "Sure, you are clingy. But that's what makes you ... well, you. That's why I fell for you, and I wouldn't want you any other way."

Asahi took a step inside the room as Mashiho had a relieved smile on his face. "In fact, you aren't clingy or annoying, Y/N. I'm not really touchy, but when you cling onto me, it assures me you still love me despite the lack of affection from my end," he confessed, and you pouted, feeling emotional. "Like Mashi said, I'm just stressed, and you aren't the first one to fall under my wrath."

"I know." You sniffed, dabbing the corners of your eyes with a tissue. "Poor Ruto. He did nothing wrong."

"You did nothing wrong either. Maybe still loving me no matter what is wrong, but the past five days were good enough of a punishment for me," Asahi chuckled, spreading his arms as you snuggled into his embrace, happy to know everything was back to normal. "I love you, Y/N, and I'm sorry for everything I said. I hope you can forgive me."

"I love you too, Asahi. I was nice enough this time around, but the next time you yell at me — or anyone — when you are stressed, I'm knocking you out with a baseball bat."

"Anything is better than you leaving me."