♡ glad you are here || so junghwan

a/n: reader and junghwan are aged up to be of university age! istg i did so many highschool aus when i was in school, and now that i'm in uni, it's all university aus.

GLAD YOU ARE HERE 

"What do I do if I don't get in? Ah, I might just lose it!"

You looked at the ceiling, worried for your life as you hovered your cursor over the refresh button. Junghwan smiled, reaching out his hand to take yours as you panicked over a simple thing.

"You are going to get in, don't worry. It's going to be alright!" Junghwan assured you, rubbing the back of your hand with his thumb. "Curtin University is one of the best, and so are you. It's reasonable they are going to want you and–"

"Oh, my God! Junghwan, I got in!" You exclaimed, seeing your name on the list of students who got accepted to the university you applied. "I got in, Junghwan! I did it!" You stood in your place, completely excited.

"See! I told you! Congratulations!" Junghwan jumped around with you to celebrate your admission. "We have to celebrate this!"

"Ah, I can't believe I got into Curtin Malaysia!"

"Yes! You are gonna — wait, did you say Malaysia?"

Junghwan stopped jumping, his smile falling as you mentioned the country your university was in. You two had discussed on multiple occasions the universities you wanted to go to, but the thing was, you never discussed which countries.

You tilted your head, slightly confused. "Yeah? You said you got in to Nottingham, right?" You recalled the university your boyfriend had got the acceptance letter from a week ago. "Am I missing something? Why do you look down?"

"I got into Nottingham ..." Junghwan trailed off, his heart tightening as he realised what happened. "... in Australia. I didn't know you were going to Malaysia." Your smile fell at his words, scrunching your face at the misunderstanding.

"There was a Nottingham in Malaysia too. I thought you'd apply there," you muttered, sighing as you tried to appear strong.

But Junghwan knew you inside out. When you met his eyes, you couldn't hold in your tears as you saw the disheartened expression on his face. He held you as you cried, patting your back and completely silent, because there was nothing he could say to make the situation better.

You relied on Junghwan for everything, and knowing your pillar was parting ways with you was hard on your heart. "September batch," you said between your crying, feeling sadder at the fact you only had a month more with your boyfriend before you had to go to Malaysia.

"Me too." Junghwan pulled away from you, wiping away your tears as he smiled, staying strong for the both of you. "You are going to be fine, Y/N. You can do this. We can do this."

"But ... I can't do anything without you."

***

It was two weeks since you moved to Malaysia. Your mother came with, helping you move in to your apartment. It was too spacey for your liking, but your mother insisted you have a big home.

"For some company when you are going to have someone over," she said. You didn't have the heart to tell your mother that you weren't planning on making many friends, but she seemed too excited, so you waved it off.

Your apartment was five minutes away from your university, so you saved up on the travel expenses. The travelling wasn't that bad, and you had gone to a few seminars in your university, so you were familiar with the route.