♡ happy get-togethers || hamada asahi

HAPPY GET-TOGETHERS 

"I don't know who's more nervous right now; is it Asahi or Y/N?"

Jihoon joked, noticing how the two were staring off at space, bouncing their legs as they waited until it was time to leave.

"What are you two stressed about, anyway?" Hyunsuk inquired. "Who is visiting who's family?" He looked at the two, not knowing exactly what was wrong.

"I am going to meet his family," you explained, pointing at your boyfriend. "They are having a family reunion and wanted to see me, so I'm tagging along."

Yoshi frowned, looking confused. "If Y/N's the one tagging along, why are you stressed, bro?" He asked, not used to seeing the younger male this stressed.

"It's a family reunion. That means everyone is going to be there," Asahi stated, as if it would explain everything. "Meeting my parents and sister is already stressful. I just feel bad that I'm dumping all my relatives on Y/N."

"It will not be that bad. I mean, it's not like Y/N will break up with you after the reunion," Jaeyuk chimed in, enjoying the way Asahi's eyes widened at his words. "You guys will be alright."

"You won't break up with me, right, Y/N?"

"If you continue to cut off my circulation with your death grip on my hand, then maybe I might have to."

***

Half an hour upon arriving at the family gathering, and Asahi could safely throw his worries out the window. Fortunately, your parents warmed up to you fairly quickly, and his sister did a great job at introducing you to everyone in their family.

It was surprising to see you get along with everyone, but then again, you were friendly, so it was no surprise either. The grownups loved you because they shared the same humor with you, and the youngsters loved you because you were enthusiastic about doing anything and everything with them.

With the way you conversed with everyone and helped around, Asahi felt as if he had arrived at your family reunion rather than vice versa. You were just bursting with energy, ready to help everyone and anyone — whether it be carrying the chairs into the garden or helping in the kitchen, you were gleefully assisting in whatever way you could.

"Hikun! Just because Y/N is helping doesn't mean you get to act like a guest!"

"Why can't you be just as helpful as Y/N, Asahi?!"

"Y/N is so fun, Asahi! Why didn't you introduce us earlier?"

Your boyfriend didn't mind the nagging one bit. Hearing everyone be so fond of you and talk of you highly brought a smile to his face, glad you were fitting well with everyone. Asahi followed you around wherever you went, wanting to at least keep you company while you help his parents set up for the dinner they had invited their relatives for.

As Asahi's extended family arrived, he resorted to standing near the door, greeting his aunts, uncles and cousins — but his eyes always wandered towards you, smiling whenever you two made eye-contact. It was surprising no one from Asahi's family teased you, because absolutely everyone could see the heart eyes you two had for each other when the other wasn't looking.

"Mama, I'm hungry!"

"Papa, I'm bored!"

"Mama! Itachi stole my car!"

"Papa, I fell! Look at my hand!"

Soon enough, all the kids ran to their parents, whining about the slightest inconveniences. All the mothers had to stop with their help in the kitchen, scolding their children while tending to their issues. Even the fathers sighed in annoyance, stopping their work around the house as their kids ran to them, complaining about their cousins and the minor injuries they got.